Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munchies closed - any other nice sandwich bars Grafton St area?

Options
  • 15-11-2013 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Always loved Munchies but it's closed now and I'm struggling to find another similar place for sandwich (other than OBriens) Any ideas? ??

Don't know why Munchies closed as it was so lovely

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Moved from Food & Drink.

tHB

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

rmwedding wrote: »
    Always loved Munchies but it's closed now and I'm struggling to find another similar place for sandwich (other than OBriens) Any ideas? ??

Spar on Nassau st do a range of rolls and wraps and all that sort of thing with lots of different fillings....not my cup of tea but it does a roaring trade.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Honest to Goodness in the Georges st. Arcade is lovely but pricey.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭Ben D Bus

rmwedding wrote: »

An argument with the landlord over rent.

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Killgore Trout

Honest to goodness is now on Dame Court, beside Odessa.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

Just wanted to say Honest to Goodness too!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Has Munchies not moved to Dawson Street? Where that Japanese place was on right hand side heading towards Nassau St.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Has Munchies not moved to Dawson Street? Where that Japanese place was on right hand side heading towards Nassau St.

yep, it has replaced Sushi King on Dawson St

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

I want to "third" honest & goodness too! My Saturday morning breakfast destination; can't go wrong!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Yum Thai (next store to what was the Apollo gallery) is really good and about €5. They are generous on the meat unlike most noodle places

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

Dublin City Food just off Wicklow Street is a good spot for a good sandwich.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭ScottSF

How about KC Peaches on Nassau Street across from Trinity? Plus you can make your own big salad (priced by the box size and not by weight) which is a wonderful healthy and budget friendly option.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Kiltennel

I'd second on KC Peaches. Never had their salad boxes but their sandwiches are really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

Possibly expensive (though pretty much market price imo), but Fallon and Byrne have great sandwiches and if you can get a table it's nice to sit in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Kiltennel wrote: »
    I'd second on KC Peaches. Never had their salad boxes but their sandwiches are really good.

KC Peaches are good alright.

They've got a new place on the Dame St./George's St. intersection too.

Advertisement