If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LA790 V ET60 V ?

Options
  • 15-11-2013 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,365 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I noticed in another thread that you are recommending the 2 below as 55'' tvs. based on your summary I am unsure which one you recommend more, I had discounted the LG as on-line reviews tended to say it was not as good at SD content.

Both are price range I am looking, what Im looking for is 55'', don't necessarily need smart (have a htpc) or 3d, but I do want thin bezel and best picture i can get.

Appreciate recco, looking to buy in next 2 weeks.

Thanks

where do I start!

ET60 has 600Hz and teh LG tops that with 800Hz!

The ET60 and the LA790 are both 3D - 
    The LA790 comes with 6 pairs of glasses in total, the ET60 with 4.

The ET60 have 3 HDMI and 2 USB inputs - the LA790 has 4 HDMI and 3 USB inputs.

The LA790 has USB recording whilst the Pana's dont..

the ET60 and LA790 are super slim at just 35mm deep

The LA790 has local dimming ( quite important!) and is voice activated ( not at all important!) and gesture control via magic remote.

The LA790 has a dual core processor.

John Mc & Crew

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Whom.

Between these 2 models, assuming that price is not a factor, I personally would have the LG.

The Local dimming and the extra refresh works brilliantly and although the LG is more expensive, is does perform better than the Panasonic. I suppose due to the fact that the Pana is slightly more natural, it could give the perception of better SD programmes. The argument that I would use is that lots of channels have gone or are going HD so if you are going to keep the TV for next 5 years, how much SD content are you likely to be watching. I wouldn't say the picture on the LG is worse on SD, but it does look different due to the type of picture. 

The Panasonic has a slightly more natural look to it but the LG offers better detail, better blacks, is brighter and has better motion handling and has a faster and more flexible smart system.

I hope that helps but let us know if we can help any further.

ATB

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 4,365 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

Thanks Dave!

well tbh i don't watch much sd content and when I do its tv shows which I am not too fussed on quality. Most of what I watch is via HD content via my HTPC, Netflix HD and via my PS3.  What I will do is take a spin up to the store and have a look. But the other half also preferred the look of the LG.

Two final Q's. The response time, i cant find on your site for the LG. I dont play many FPS on the ps3 but would be remiss if i didnt check that it wasnt too slow. And how many pairs of glasses come with it?

Thanks a lot for the fast response!!

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Thanks Dave!

well tbh i don't watch much sd content and when I do its tv shows which I am not too fussed on quality. Most of what I watch is via HD content via my HTPC, Netflix HD and via my PS3.  What I will do is take a spin up to the store and have a look. But the other half also preferred the look of the LG.

Two final Q's. The response time, i cant find on your site for the LG. I dont play many FPS on the ps3 but would be remiss if i didnt check that it wasnt too slow. And how many pairs of glasses come with it?

Thanks a lot for the fast response!!
    Hi Whom,

I've had a look and I can't get the official response time.  Having the TV here in the store running I'm certain it isn't slow at all.  I'll see if I can get the official word on this for you.

On the glasses you get 4 pairs of 3D glasses and 2 pair of dual play glasses so not too bad :)  They use passive glasses so thankfully adding or replacing the glasses isn't too dear at all :)

Chris

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.