Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MBNA/Advant Card problems - any advice?

Options
  • 15-11-2013 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭

Hi folks
    Can anyone out there please advise me in dealing with MBNA/Advant card – I am having some very seriously stressful (and threatening!!) phone calls with their customer service people at the moment and I need to know if there is anyone out there who can help me please.
    I am in the situation where I had been made redundant and having followed the PPI protocol instigated my claim. I have had 3 months’ worth of payment made. The problem was when I took on a 5 month temp role; the PPI claim was suspended because I was working more than 17.5 hours a week, which was fine and at the time, I agreed on the phone with the MBNA/Advant customer services person that I would pay them €75.00 per month. The first month was grand – no phones calls, no hassle and stress free. The last three months I am continuously getting phone calls (and I have kept up my side of the deal of €75.00 a month) – the caller is un-informed of my record or it seems hasn’t read my details and is persistence in their manner in trying to get me to talk to them regarding my payments – even when I tell them that it isn’t a suitable time to talk. They rang me again today and the girl on the phone was so rude and so ignorant towards me even after I told her I couldn’t talk to her that in the end I had to hang up – I was left feeling terrible!!
    I can’t take this hassle for much more; dealing with these guys is so stressful and I am at loss at what to do! I have asked to speak to the manager/supervisor and I am told I that they are either unavailable or they don’t want to speak to me.
    Help – what do I do!!! Can anyone please advise me?
    Tigger :mad::confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Stressing out is not going to help you, so deep breaths and outttttt

Give your local MABS office a call for advice. www.mabs.ie

and there might be some useful sites here also to contact -

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057082164

Good luck, don't let them get you so stressed that you get ill, that's a lose/lose situation.

Avantcard are not the easiest to deal with in my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Dublintigger

Hiya Vicwatson

Thank you - I am just this minute checking out MABS to see if they can help.

I am stressed and just felt that every door was closed - it beggars belief that the more honest and up front you are the hard you have to pay!!

Tigger

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Hiya Vicwatson

Thank you - I am just this minute checking out MABS to see if they can help.

I am stressed and just felt that every door was closed - it beggars belief that the more honest and up front you are the hard you have to pay!!

Tigger

Completely appreciate it but putting yourself in an early grave over it is not going to concern Avantcard, take a step back, draw breath and seek the advice of the experts, if that fails THEN perhaps get stressed :D:D

Advertisement