Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB access 30 account question?

Options
  • 15-11-2013 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭

I have an access 30 account.
    Does anyone know if it's possible to get money before the 30 days notice?
    If I put in the notice form today I won't have the money until 15 Dec.
    Which is far to late I need it for travel expenses, college etc and to cover me for this month and next. I forgot to put the notice in ages ago.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭roro2

It's not possible according to the T&Cs. Your best bet would be to go into the branch, try to find a sympathetic staff member and explain your situation. They would have to backdate and stamp your 30 days notice to a point in the past. It is physically possible (unlike an online account) but a bank employee would be effectively lying on your behalf and I don't think that's likely in this environment.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Power2011

You can but you just forego what interest you would have earned which is small

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Graciefacey

roro2 wrote: »
    It's not possible according to the T&Cs. Your best bet would be to go into the branch, try to find a sympathetic staff member and explain your situation. They would have to backdate and stamp your 30 days notice to a point in the past. It is physically possible (unlike an online account) but a bank employee would be effectively lying on your behalf and I don't think that's likely in this environment.

This is incorrect. You can access funds prior to the 30 days but pay a small penalty calculated on the basis of days notice not served, and amount being withdrawn. Usually on an amount of 1 or 2 thousand its less than 5c penalty. Go to any teller with your id and fill in a withdrawal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Will I just need to phone up the bank tomorrow first before going?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

Will I just need to phone up the bank tomorrow first before going?

There should be no need to ring the branch in advance of going to the branch. Your request is not that unusual.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Do I need to go to my branch or can I go to a different one?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

Do I need to go to my branch or can I go to a different one?

You should be able to go into any branch.

Advertisement