Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help - Identify Spanish shotgun - SxS

Options
  • 15-11-2013 2:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello Folks, I am new here and I'm trying to find out about a pair of Spanish side by sides that I own. One has no manufacturer name on it but has the marking of an E over LG over a star inside an oval with a crown on top. It also has the date 12-65 below that. the other has the name 7- model Larranaga- Placencia (Espana). Any help identifying these would be appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

ELG over star and crown is the stamp of the Liége Proof House in Belgium. 12 - 65 is not a date, but the dimensions of the cartridge - in this case 12 gauge and 65mm long - two and a half inch.

Miguel Larranaga of Placencia is/was a maker of middle-grade Spanish guns, but was not averse to importing barrels from Belgium as needed. Can you please tell us all the other [many] markings found on the action tables and barrels to determine how much, if any, of this gun was actually made in Spain.

Hope this helps.

tac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

........ELG over star and crown is the stamp of the Liége Proof House in Belgium. 12 - 65 is not a date, but the dimensions of the cartridge - in this case 12 gauge and 65mm long - two and a half inch.......

Uh, bump.

tac

Advertisement