Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Duathlon Champs 2014

Options
  • 15-11-2013 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hello,

Can anyone tell me what the course is like for the Irish Du Champs at Skerries please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭rooneyjm

Short enough, the bike section will be cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Aouita

rooneyjm wrote: »

any particular reason why?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

rooneyjm wrote: »

From that I've heard there is zero chance of that.

There could be a hill involved.....

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭cart man

Aouita wrote: »
    any particular reason why?

I think it may be due to precedence, as an example two races I entered in Fingal last year both did not successfully get their cycles away (3dtri in NAC had race shortened and another race in Skerries I dare not mention could not include cycle split in official race time). It seems to me that there is a difference in interpretation of the rules of the road in this district (not sure if it is Guards or Council).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

BTH wrote: »
    From that I've heard there is zero chance of that.

There could be a hill involved.....

From what l have heard.......

Some actual comments from NGBs would go along way. I know I won't be entering any North Dublin races until there is some comment.

Given the (in my opinion silly) ban on discussing the elephant in the room then rumour will be rife

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

tunney wrote: »
    From what l have heard.......

Some actual comments from NGBs would go along way. I know I won't be entering any North Dublin races until there is some comment.

Given the (in my opinion silly) ban on discussing the elephant in the room then rumour will be rife

Where can one see this ban written?

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭rooneyjm

You would think they would get all issues resolved in north county Dublin before giving skerries the Irish Duathlon Champs and a NS race to the NAC. Could be messy.

Advertisement