Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iso Fix base

Options
  • 15-11-2013 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Sorry if this had been asked before, or if it's in the wrong section!

Can anyone tell me about the iso fix bases, I know that I want one, but I am just wondering if there are any out there that are compatible with different model car seats, or is it that you buy the iso fix to match your car seat brand.

So for example, I have a baby elegance car seat for when the baby arrives and that car seat will hopefully do the baby up to 9 months (maybe/maybe not) but what I want to know is, when I have to get a new car seat to fit baby, will I be able to get another brand car seat or will I have to stick with baby elegance, or buy a new iso fix base to match the new car seat I want.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, I am very confused :confused::confused::confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 OrionA

Coolalop your baby elegance base will only be for your baby elegance infact carrier the same way Britax isofix bases are made for Britax seats and Maxi Cosi bases made for Maxi cosi seats.

BUT carrier baby seats (group 0+) are usually the only ones where you use an individual base (I know Maxi Cosi does a next stage that also uses base). When your baby goes into next stage car seat, you can buy the seat with the isofix fittings directly attached so a base isnt use. I used a Britax seat and base then for my next stage carseat bought a group 1-2 seat which will do up to 6 years. Has isofix but no need for base

http://www.britax.co.uk/car-seats/car-seats/safefix-plus

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭bp

I have the family fix base....this one does up until the child is 3/4 and use maxi Cosi as the car seat works with my Quinny. The family fix base is 180e whereas the other base is 130e but needs changing after a year.

Advertisement