Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tin Foil Hat Brigade

Options
  • 15-11-2013 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭

Was strolling through John Roberts Square today and just in front of Sam Macaulays there was a group of odd-bods handing out flyers proclaiming that unknown and sinister forces are Geo engineering of our planet to control the weather (via "Chem" trails ), earthquakes and every other type of natural forces that impacts man. all to make money from insurance, etc.

I won't go into anything about just how insane this is, my question is this, who left the door open in the crazy house?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭bullpost

The Troika probably forgot to close it behind them.
    invalid wrote: »
    Was strolling through John Roberts Square today and just in front of Sam Macaulays there was a group of odd-bods handing out flyers proclaiming that unknown and sinister forces are Geo engineering of our planet to control the weather (via "Chem" trails ), earthquakes and every other type of natural forces that impacts man. all to make money from insurance, etc.

I won't go into anything about just how insane this is, my question is this, who left the door open in the crazy house?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Clearly you have been affected by the chemicals. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Were all goin to die:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭7upfree

No different to the Health Hazard BS about the pylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,735 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Are you sure it wasnt just How Dooooo......or that other guy who spends each day in red square with his black dog watching passers by? Seems harmless but still, bit of a waste of time spending hours there playing with your dog. Oh well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

please do, I for one would love to read what you have to say about it, and your evidence to the contrary

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭7upfree

nice_very wrote: »
    please do, I for one would love to read what you have to say about it, and your evidence to the contrary

Haven't seen said leaflet, but from what I read above conspiracy theory doesn't cover it!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

You believe that nonsense?, got some factual peer reviewed legit research to back it up?

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭natnifnolnacs

Cabaal wrote: »
    You believe that nonsense?, got some factual peer reviewed legit research to back it up?

He's got Jim Corr, what more do you need?!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Hashy Houdini

It would've been a more interesting thread if you actually had something to quote from the leaflets or if you could reference it.
    Instead we have the usual references tinfoil hats / jim corr etc.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Taxburden carrier

danjo-xx wrote: »
    Were all goin to die:)

You are probably correct:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭a fat guy

Right outside the GRAND OPENING of that Entertainment Exchange place?

Good location at least.

Props to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

Not saying that theres any truth to what they are upto or saying but theres already the ability to change the weather, they use this in the states when its raining and crops fail, they spray chemicals up in the atmosphere using planes and that. I saw it on discovery or quest, controlling our weather isnt a new thing

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭albert kidd

they are no more insane then those who choose to follow and swallow the nonsense that the politicians try and feed us.

some people need to have a look in the mirror before pointing and laughing.

As I said its been going on ages, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weather_modification

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Sorry, maybe i missed the bit where it shows that chem trails are being used by sinister forces to engineer weather and caused earthquakes.

Maybe you can point out those paragraph?

After all this is exactly what the leaflets are fear mongering about,

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭invalid

Well, firstly I didn't look at boards over the weekend, i was in Dublin with the Illuminati organising a white Christmas for Donegal via the there Irish arm ,An Post (that a joke by the way)

Where to start....

actually i was going to do point by point thing but ****it,. I see no reason to debunk these nut jobs, science, logic an reason is doing a pretty good job of doing that all on its own. But this is will say, the earth is huge, and the processes involved in making any of the claimed effects are massive with the energy amounts needed to make any changes staggering. Humans have taken 200 years of pumping out CO2 to affect the climate by a couple of degrees yet a plane flying over head can spew out enough magic juice to cause a hurricane or earthquake. Please, grow the **** up.

Plus, answer me this? why would anyone do that? What is the point?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Hashy Houdini

You can't do the point by point thing is because you didn't actually read the leaflet. Just saying

You can't do the point by point thing is because you didn't actually read the leaflet. Just saying

Leaflet? No i didn't read it for many reasons, such as paper doesn't refuse ink, just because someone wrote a leaflet (and made a DVD) doesn't mean its true.

The way you prove a theory is by collecting your evidence, analysing it impartially and then having it peer reviewed. Once it passes those tests and is accepted well that's a different ball game. Thats why I believe in Plate Tectonics and climate change and why I don't believe in chem trails and big foot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Squidvicious

Well, firstly I didn't look at boards over the weekend, i was in Dublin with the Illuminati organising a white Christmas for Donegal via the there Irish arm ,An Post (that a joke by the way)

Where to start....

actually i was going to do point by point thing but ****it,. I see no reason to debunk these nut jobs, science, logic an reason is doing a pretty good job of doing that all on its own. But this is will say, the earth is huge, and the processes involved in making any of the claimed effects are massive with the energy amounts needed to make any changes staggering. Humans have taken 200 years of pumping out CO2 to affect the climate by a couple of degrees yet a plane flying over head can spew out enough magic juice to cause a hurricane or earthquake. Please, grow the **** up.

I think you're being a little naïve. Surely you've seen James Bond's Moonraker, where Hugo Drax aims to wipe out the human race to start afresh?;)

I think you're being a little naïve. Surely you've seen James Bond's Moonraker, where Hugo Drax aims to wipe out the human race to start afresh?;)

the killer bees will get us first :pac:........

• Registered Users Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭endacl

We can only wonder.

You could pop over and ask them... ;)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=576

the killer bees will get us first :pac:........

Thats if they dont die from all the pesticides being sprayed on crops, mind you theres been a break in certain sprays since the EU ruling.

Where to start....

just on the 200 years of pump CO2 and it only caused the temperature to rise by a few degrees. Thats a huge thing that youve made seem really insignificant. Dr James Lovelock the man who discovered CFC gases and the problems they cause reckons because of the CO2 being pumped into the environemnt that the planet has anything between 10 and 100 years before the whole lots done for and that if we keep up the way were going then its going to happen. look him up. if your anyway depressed or suicidal then dont.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Squidvicious

just on the 200 years of pump CO2 and it only caused the temperature to rise by a few degrees. Thats a huge thing that youve made seem really insignificant. Dr James Lovelock the man who discovered CFC gases and the problems they cause reckons because of the CO2 being pumped into the environemnt that the planet has anything between 10 and 100 years before the whole lots done for and that if we keep up the way were going then its going to happen. look him up. if your anyway depressed or suicidal then dont.

I'm sure that Invalid can answer for himself, but I don't think that he intended to make global warming seem an insignificant problem. The point is that, effectively, humanity has been engaged in an enormous geo-engineering experiment since the start of the industrial revolution. Each day, well over a billion cars and tens of thousands of power stations are pumping gases into the atmosphere. Obviously, global warming is a hugely serious problem. However, after 200 years of industrialisation, humanity has only raised world temperatures by possibly 1 degree. Realistically, what chance is there that a secret conspiracy will succeed in doing anything more?

The world faces enormous problems; abject poverty, environmental degradation, disease, intolerance, inequality. God knows we've got our own problems in Ireland. And these people are protesting about an issue that the producers of James Bond would cast aside as a storyline as being just a bit too preposterous to take seriously?

Protest about anything if you think it's serious. But don't distract people from the real problems facing the world with pseudo science and make believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

the most commonly used weed killer in ireland causes cancer in micro unit exposure just google "roundup toxic"

as for the chemicals added to your drinking water byproducts of the fertilizer and potash industries costing 5million a year to add are they really needed?

other stuff like msg, toxic gmos,aspharmte, hfcs all in most processed foods cause cell damage that can be cancerous yet big corps are allowed to rule the roost on what is "safe" to eat

check your toothpaste labelling lately?
    blue square = natural+medicine:P
    red square = chemical +medicine :mad:
    black square = pure chemical only :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

Actually it means an eye mark: A printed rectangular mark most often found along the edge of webstock that can be identified by an electric eye. The mark identifies a point on the web where an individual package is to be cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭gobo99

Shams wrote: »
    Actually it means an eye mark: A printed rectangular mark most often found along the edge of webstock that can be identified by an electric eye. The mark identifies a point on the web where an individual package is to be cut.

no Shams, the're controlling your brain with the pure chemicals in your toothpaste,

• Advertisement

Isn’t it funny that despite the best efforts of that evil combination of Corporation and Government that in Ireland today the overall life expectancy is 81years (WHO).
    According to conspiracy governments deliberately pollute the water while claiming it is “cleaning it” – yet there are no deaths as a result, people are healthier than ever (Infant Mortality rate is 4.04 per years in 2005 from 41.42 in 1950)
    It is worth mentioning that at the beginning, according to conspiracy, fluoridation of the water was started as a communist plot to control people (along with the polio vaccination mind you)
    Conspiracy theories are funny, bizarre but rarely true. People see patterns in everything, from jesus in toast to a face on mars. Con trails are simply the exhaust from large aircraft jet engines that yes is helping to change the climate, just not very fast and not in the ways the “Chem Trails” crew believe. The world inhabited by the conspiracy theorist must be a very dark and paranoid one, full of the dark terror on the edge of the eye, the boggy men of our time.
    I do not live in that world, and like many things from different world we see the sky in different a ways. I believe that for the most part government tries is very best to help and protect its citizens, and for the most part is very good at doing this. I also believe that the supposed divide between The Government and the people is a s fake as a rolex bought on Henry street. Why, because those who work in government do not live outside of the where they govern, they and their family’s drink the same water, breath the same air and eat the same food as the rest of us. They are us, and to think that “they” spend their time thinking of ways to hurt and cow down there fellow man is too horrible a thought to contemplate.
    Chem trails, the fake moon landing, UFO’s, 911 Truthers all rely on these grand conspiracy’s where thousands upon thousands of people hide the truth from the masses , a herculean task in its self. To that I would point out that the most powerful man in the USA could not have a BJ in his own office without is appearing on the news. Humans are lousy at keeping secrets.

That is the last contribution i will make to this thread

Advertisement