Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Language Software

• 15-11-2013 4:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hey

I am considering starting Mandarin (or possibly German) in 2014 and while I will go to classes in Dublin for whichever one I study I'd like to supplement it with software and maybe get a head start by getting a feel for the language before I start in January.

The main two appear to be Rosetta Stone and Fluenz and of the two I think fluenz would be better for me (I would prefer things explained to me in English at this stage).

I was wondering if anybody has experience of either of these, or other software in whatever language.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

Hey

I am considering starting Mandarin (or possibly German) in 2014 and while I will go to classes in Dublin for whichever one I study I'd like to supplement it with software and maybe get a head start by getting a feel for the language before I start in January.

The main two appear to be Rosetta Stone and Fluenz and of the two I think fluenz would be better for me (I would prefer things explained to me in English at this stage).

I was wondering if anybody has experience of either of these, or other software in whatever language.

Thanks

Try Pimsleur, its a great method. I bought pimsleur dutch and find it very helpful, its expensive though :(

Advertisement