Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wolfe tone street/mount pleasant avenue?

• 15-11-2013 4:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone is living in the Wolfe Tone Street or Mount Pleasant Avenue area of the city, or has lived there in the past - would you recommend it as a place to live? Is it quiet/safe etc? I am hoping to relocate from my current place soon and don't know much about this particular area.
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 230 ✭✭letsdothis

Yeah it's pretty quite around there. Mixture of older residents, students and renters. Nice spot and very close to town, obviously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

I like that area a lot. It's becoming Limerick's arty residential area these days. There's lovely old streets and a lot of the houses have been really well renovated. Very near The People's Park and plenty of other amenities too. There'll also be a Limerick Bikes station nearby from next summer onwards, and that'll make it really handy for getting into and out of the city centre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10 TembaWidearm

that's good news, thanks! we took a stroll up there a few nights ago and it seemed ok. Lots of joggers/dog walkers around. And of course having Bobby Byrnes on the corner wouldn't be a bad thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Go for it! :) It's a really nice part of town and as someone already pointed out, the way things are going it's only going to become nicer.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Bartelby

It is a lovely part of town. Generally quite and a nice mix of people living in the area. Don't just stick to Bobby Byrnes. Reddan's and Malone's on Wolfetone street are great spots.

• Advertisement
Advertisement