Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Massive thunderstorm on the Muscat Coast

Options
  • 15-11-2013 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭

Huge thunderstorm here, power is down sounds like the end of the world. Water coming into the house. I'm just on the beach beside the airport and its hectic. Never seen anything like it. Just on the muscat coast

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Jude13 wrote: »
    Huge thunderstorm here, power is down sounds like the end of the world. Water coming into the house. I'm just on the beach beside the airport and its hectic. Never seen anything like it. Just on the muscat coast

So......?

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭waterways

... the Oman Professional League Cup football match was cancelled. http://gulfnews.com/news/gulf/oman/rain-pounds-parts-of-oman-1.1255622

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 226 ✭✭Frank Garrett

Fascinating.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

Some nice rumbles of thunder and flashes of lightning in that first youtube clip. That was some amount of rainfall too. Thanks for sharing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭Jude13

Thought people on this forum may be interested however you don't have to read or comment.

Tonight there is another huge thunderstorm on the cards, we have received government warnings for flooding. I haven't a clue how to post pics but will try and find out.

Thunderstorms don't seem like a big deal but due to the geography of the area and lack of proper drainage they wreak havoc and cause massive destruction to life and infrastructure. When Phet struck there was 2.5 billion dollars worth of damage. Almost 1,000 dead although I think only 47 was reported as the government only counts Omani deaths. If you have a morbid fascination you can see clips on YouTube of bus loads of migrant works being flushed out to sea. It was nuts.
    Anyway I have the candles ready and torch charged. Last time the water came into the house it was a nightmare as I'm still on crutches.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Just ignore the stupid snide remarks from some of the posters, 99.9% of the guys here will be glad you posted it from a different part of the World.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

vicwatson wrote: »
    So......?
    Storm 10 wrote: »
    stupid snide remarks

Mod Note
    No need for comments like these on the forum - all weather-related posts are welcome. If you have a problem with a post, report it - don't respond on thread please.

Thanks

Advertisement