Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power of attorney upon death or incapacity

Options
  • 15-11-2013 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,020 ✭✭✭✭

How can I set up a power of attorney for my partner so she can access my BoI accounts in the event that I die or become totally incapacitated? Is there a standard form I can download and post in to my branch?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi murphaph

Thank you for your post.

Power of attorney is not a facility Bank of Ireland can offer or assist with. 

This would be a personal choice, it may be best to contact a solicitor of your choice to help you arrange this.

It will be necessary to show official proof of your power of attorney to your partners' branch. This will be updated and noted on their accounts with us.

If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to ask.

Thanks 
    Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 19,020 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Hmmm, ok. Thanks for your answer Alison. Must be different in Ireland. Here in Germany banks always offer this service (limited power of attorney) directly and provide a standard form to be returned indicating who should have power of attorney and in which circumstances (death, incapacity etc.). Maybe the legal situation in Ireland means it's not allowed. Shame. 

Advertisement