Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BF4 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Those are really great clips. My fav is the guy putting C4 on the quad.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Really nice sniping and yes blowing the c4 guy put on quad was deadly lol

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭bitch please

can you setup private games on bf4

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭irish coldplayer

can you setup private games on bf4

not until the server rental comes online, not sure when that will happen

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭bitch please

so you have to pay to have a private game thats absolute bulls#it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

I will only be renting a server if its actually located in Europe and not in the US. Its even worse now on the Xbox One that you can't check peoples location on their gamer profile to see if they're not European so you can kick them from the server.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Is there any reason why parties / people who join party arent grouped into the same team / squad?

for a game that has an emphasis on teamwork, it seems an odd decision from a design point of view to scatter everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,321 ✭✭✭dunworth1

how has the lag been since the latest patch?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Is there any reason why parties / people who join party arent grouped into the same team / squad?

for a game that has an emphasis on teamwork, it seems an odd decision from a design point of view to scatter everyone.

in game pause menu and go to settings there's an option to automatically squad up with party members

• Advertisement

I enjoyed our games of Obliteration last night. It's a very intense game mode.

I enjoyed our games of Obliteration last night. It's a very intense game mode.

yeah have to say had a blast playing it, loved the double lunging incident as well looked class.

And Royal you left that teabagging way too long you should showed the leadup to that attempt as well :)

You were like an Enderman from Minecraft. One second you were on the roof and the next you were right behind me. Still surprised I managed to counter knife you.

You were like an Enderman from Minecraft. One second you were on the roof and the next you were right behind me. Still surprised I managed to counter knife you.

lol hey, what, wait, no, yes hahahahaha :)

Miju and I ghosting 2 pesky snipers. Miju jumps on 1 guy to plunge him.

Miju and I ghosting 2 pesky snipers. Miju jumps on 1 guy to plunge him.

if ever a situation could have benefitted from a "high 5!" button, that was it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I was wondering why I wasn't being sniped in that game. Was running around B and C and there was nobody to be found!

Another fun montage from the last few days of BF4 gaming.

My favourite clip is at 1:34 when I get launched into a wall at top speed. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Another fun montage from the last few days of BF4 gaming.

My favourite clip is at 1:34 when I get launched into a wall at top speed. :D

Some class clips,ur some man with the straw and RPG's

I've seen snipers group together before but this took the piss. I had to go crash the party :D

• Advertisement

Hi lads, still learning the ins and outs of this, but just a quick question on the vehichles.

I've managed to unlock pretty much everything for the Infantry fighting vehicle class, and a few assorted bits and pieces for tanks and choppers (mostly by being a gunner / passenger assists).

what I'm wondering is, if I go to my loadout, and change the type of rounds / armour / targeting optics - does this apply to any IFV i hop into? or is it set by whoevers driving?

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭ADarkKnight88

Hi lads, still learning the ins and outs of this, but just a quick question on the vehichles.

I've managed to unlock pretty much everything for the Infantry fighting vehicle class, and a few assorted bits and pieces for tanks and choppers (mostly by being a gunner / passenger assists).

what I'm wondering is, if I go to my loadout, and change the type of rounds / armour / targeting optics - does this apply to any IFV i hop into? or is it set by whoevers driving?

When you drive it it takes your settings as soon as you hop in!

Sorry miju, was just turning off the Xbox when the invite came, cheers though!

My latest Sraw rocket montage.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Bahaha

How can I join the boards clan for bf4?

Bahaha wrote: »
    How can I join the boards clan for bf4?

i dont know if there's a boards clan. Alot of us here play in IRL clan which was setup on boards but is seperate.

if you add a few of the gamertags below you'll come across most of the other boardsies

miju irl
    failsafe 00
    in4ab8tin

miju wrote: »
    i dont know if there's a boards clan. Alot of us here play in IRL clan which was setup on boards but is seperate.

if you add a few of the gamertags below you'll come across most of the other boardsies

miju irl
    failsafe 00
    in4ab8tin

:pac:

and how can I forget Royal 1rish

Lads out of curiosity, considering there's good team work with the players here and most are good players.
    Why don't ye play the hardcore servers?.

Do ye not find normal a bit cheap?

i.e your position is given away after a kill, ppl spamming spots reveal you on the radar to players close by along with the mark over your head for the spotter, sniper rifles can't one shot bar head, tanks can get infantry easier and likewise for tank play, team work is worth more in HC.

To me, BF has always been more enjoyable in hardcore as my ability(when playing smart) and position are rewarded more.

Since there's good squad work here, you'd do far more damage on HC and it punishes the lone wolves more.

The only thing I'd say against HC is the lack of huds for ammo/bullets and the map which I think should show your team mates.
    That stuff is somewhat needlessly removed.

Curious to know since ye're fairly hardcore players by play time, Normal seems more for casual players.

• Advertisement

Do ye not find normal a bit cheap?

i.e your position is given away after a kill, ppl spamming spots reveal you on the radar to players close by along with the mark over your head for the spotter, sniper rifles can't one shot bar head, tanks can get infantry easier and likewise for tank play, team work is worth more in HC.

We used to play hardcore pretty much exclusively on Bad Company 2 and yes we did dominate but believe it or not that gets very boring after a while and I suppose we've all developed a bit of a different playing style these days.

Normal mode you can't camp as much, can expect retaliation and so have to strategise more and requires even more teamwork due to spotting etc so it rewards teamwork alot more and I like the fact that when I get sniped I know it's a headshot and not a OHK body shot.

I dont find any major issue with being spotted either just means more action for me. If I die I die if I boss it then I boss it. Normal mode is alot more fun as well, hop in with us at some stage.

Advertisement