Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disasterous Customer Service by Eircom

Options
  • 15-11-2013 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭

I cancelled my father's account in mid July. I have now received 2 bills totalling over €100 for line rental. Even though I have not cancelled the directdebit, yet it has not been taken from the account.

Since then we have moved in to the house. In between closing Dad's account and us moving in the PHYSICAL phone line was removed from the house (long story).
    In early October I ordered eFibre. It was not explained to me that this requires a phone line. I understood it to be similar to UPC (i.e. VOIP).

A technician- a sub-sontractor-called to the house to fit the eFibre in early October and was unable to do so. A litany of phone calls has ensued trying to get someone to come out and FIT a PHONE line. This seems to be completely and utterly beyond the capabilities of anyone at Eircom whatsoever.
    I have been on to Eircom at least 6-10 times trying to organise someone to come out and fit a phone line. Every time I call, I get told that the "phone line is connected"
    NO. It isn't. We have NO phone line.

Then I get told that the phone line is "now coming to the house and has been fitted" I know this- there was a phone line to the house until July and this was not touched. We have NO phone line IN THE HOUSE.

I can't understand why this is so hard to understand? When I spent (another) 30+ minutes just now on the phone  to Eircom I was told that the eFibre service computer system is down and so they can't help me today.
    I don't need eFibre to help- I need a PHONE line so that I can THEN get eFibre.

For the love of all that is holy, can someone please help Eircom understand that this is totally ridiculous? I now have 3 phone numbers, a direct debit set up, an apparently "connected" phone line, welcome letters for a service I don't have, no phone, no broadband and no date as to when I might get it...just "call 1901" (and hold 20 minutes!) and "explain it to them" (again!).

I also think that Eircom staff members should a) give their full names like at Bord gais b) have direct lines- so  you are not explaining the same thing over and over- it makes for a very disgrutled customer c) the ability to transfer you to a supervisor- when I asked, I was scoffed at and my request ignored. I was actually told by one of the eircom accounts staff to ask for a supervisor.

Does anyone know if you need an eircom line to get Sky?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭scargill

Actually this is probably the most frustrating thing. Having to explain your scenario from scratch every time you ring up is very annoying. The "system" they have seems to be disjointed so the person you get talking to tends to not know the full details of your issue. Billing, Phone Lines & eFibre/eVision seem to be distinct departments. Even if you do manage to get transferred from one customer service to another you end up answering the same questions again. The whole method of "escalation" to supervisor or manager seems to be a smokescreen. I have been escalated 5 or 6 times and nothing has ever come of it.
    Another thing I found out recently is that eircom customer care staff can't send outbound emails. This seems a bit silly - it only leads to more customer frustration.
    Most of the grief that they get from customers could be defused if they just made some contact with us - a simple email (even with a no-reply return address) keeping us up to date with our issue would help.
    I also think that Eircom staff members should a) give their full names like at Bord gais b) have direct lines- so  you are not explaining the same thing over and over- it makes for a very disgrutled customer c) the ability to transfer you to a supervisor- when I asked, I was scoffed at and my request ignored. I was actually told by one of the eircom accounts staff to ask for a supervisor.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Herr Khume Schuccs

In short, yes for Sky phone & broadband. As far as I know, Sky use the BT wholesale service but the actual line into most houses is still the Eircom network.
    Cable providers (like UPC) have their own networks who along with wireless/satellite providers do not use Eircom.
    www.callcosts.ie lists providers in your area along with price comparisons based on your usage. My experience with Sky has not been a happy one with regards to the speed promised and the actual one delivered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

I cancelled my father's account in mid July. I have now received 2 bills totalling over €100 for line rental. Even though I have not cancelled the directdebit, yet it has not been taken from the account.

Since then we have moved in to the house. In between closing Dad's account and us moving in the PHYSICAL phone line was removed from the house (long story).
    In early October I ordered eFibre. It was not explained to me that this requires a phone line. I understood it to be similar to UPC (i.e. VOIP).

A technician- a sub-sontractor-called to the house to fit the eFibre in early October and was unable to do so. A litany of phone calls has ensued trying to get someone to come out and FIT a PHONE line. This seems to be completely and utterly beyond the capabilities of anyone at Eircom whatsoever.
    I have been on to Eircom at least 6-10 times trying to organise someone to come out and fit a phone line. Every time I call, I get told that the "phone line is connected"

Then I get told that the phone line is "now coming to the house and has been fitted" I know this- there was a phone line to the house until July and this was not touched. We have NO phone line IN THE HOUSE.

I can't understand why this is so hard to understand? When I spent (another) 30+ minutes just now on the phone  to Eircom I was told that the eFibre service computer system is down and so they can't help me today.

For the love of all that is holy, can someone please help Eircom understand that this is totally ridiculous? I now have 3 phone numbers, a direct debit set up, an apparently "connected" phone line, welcome letters for a service I don't have, no phone, no broadband and no date as to when I might get it...just "call 1901" (and hold 20 minutes!) and "explain it to them" (again!).

Hi tea and coffee

I'm sorry to hear of the disappointing level of customer care offered. Can you please PM me your eircom account number and I'll look into your issue regarding the line in more detail.

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

HI Alan,

I PMed you yesterday morning.

T&C

SIGH.
    I called "Loyalty" (Cancellations to the rest of the world) to cancel my non-existant service.

I explained that I have no phone line. Apparently there is "an error in the system" and there is a "backlog" (of WHAT? Cancellations? Actually, in ways it doesn't surprise me) and it could take ***5*** weeks to cancel my (non-existent) service before I can go elsewhere .

I asked to speak to a team leader but she was apparently too busy. Then I was advised to go through to Complaints department- who, wait for it, cannot look up any of my details!! WTF?? They can't see anything on their system and "haven't been trained on it"

I am actually in tears here. Eircom have me completely over a barrel. I can't get a phone line and I can't cancel. It's disgusting. I have no phone, no internet and no way out of this mess until they deem it so.

Sick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭bobmalooka

SIGH.
    I called "Loyalty" (Cancellations to the rest of the world) to cancel my non-existant service.

I explained that I have no phone line. Apparently there is "an error in the system" and there is a "backlog" (of WHAT? Cancellations? Actually, in ways it doesn't surprise me) and it could take ***5*** weeks to cancel my (non-existent) service before I can go elsewhere .

I asked to speak to a team leader but she was apparently too busy. Then I was advised to go through to Complaints department- who, wait for it, cannot look up any of my details!! WTF?? They can't see anything on their system and "haven't been trained on it"

I am actually in tears here. Eircom have me completely over a barrel. I can't get a phone line and I can't cancel. It's disgusting. I have no phone, no internet and no way out of this mess until they deem it so.

Sick.
    I've has similar problems with eircom in the past. Don't bother speaking to them on the phone because they simply won't do anything, email their complaints team stating your problem and how you would like it resolved.

If I understand correctly they are charging you for a service they can't provide, they haven't a leg to stand on if you need to get Comreg involved. They probably will sort it then but if they don't escalate your complaint to Comreg

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭mach1982

IT do not  work for e-mail

Eircom owns  all  telecom infrastructure in country,  they other companies rent the  line from  them.

Even Alan on here hasn't got back to me. *sigh*
    I am going to report them to Comreg, they are taking the p*ss

Advertisement