Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DoC 11.5: IGUA/SF

Options
  • 15-11-2013 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭

Okay, so this is just to check dates for people and what's suitable. Once we know this, we can nail that date to the wall for people. Both these dates are viable for Felix.

Quick heads up though: I'm only planning on organising this, and ensuring that the tournaments get started. I won't be around for the entire thing. This means someone will have to step up and be the front man with Felix, ensuring that money changes hands (a fiver a head) and that the tournament brackets don't implode in any way.

What date suits most people for DoC 11.5? 10 votes

December 7th
    0% 0 votes
    December 14th
    80% 8 votes
    Either suits.
    20% 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Voa wrote: »
    Okay, so this is just to check dates for people and what's suitable. Once we know this, we can nail that date to the wall for people. Both these dates are viable for Felix.

Quick heads up though: I'm only planning on organising this, and ensuring that the tournaments get started. I won't be around for the entire thing. This means someone will have to step up and be the front man with Felix, ensuring that money changes hands (a fiver a head) and that the tournament brackets don't implode in any way.

I'll vouch for taking the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

100+ views and like 12 votes...
    I don't think there's much interest in this for December. Might try again in early January.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Might be no harm to run it anyway, as a small casuals tourney for the two games?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Generally, more people turn up than who vote in polls.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Didn't spot this before, voted now.

Generally I feel the furthest from Christmas the better for December tournaments.

As the 25th approaches, people realise there is things they haven't done, and presents they haven't bought. Tournaments attendance falls by the wayside then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

16 votes aint bad

The numbers are grand, more people tend to show that vote

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I do always say, update your tournament thread regularly, or people won't notice it.

An increase of votes by 33% since it was updated saying no one is interested :)

There's no better way to generate interest than say I'm no longer interested :P

I'll talk to Felix tomorrow (provided he's in when I am) and if not, I'll get some credit and ring him to book for the 7th. It'll only be IGUA and AE, and IGUA will be first up.

I haven't seen any IGUA players post here...and forgot to allow myself to view voters :P
    Is there any interest in the tournament at this time from them, or would a longer time for planning be preferred? 'cause if so, this is gonna be BB and AE (because I like BB that's why and it's my bloody tournament, to cut off any snarky posts ahead of the gate)

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

maybe make a poll for game 2?
    BB sounds good to me as its new.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

BB and Melee!

Use Melee to bring in the numbers, then ensnare them into the BB scene with the pretty visuals and the multi game entry fee.

Like a Voa-spider.

I'll bring the consoles.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

Here's a vote for IJ

Voa wrote: »
    I haven't seen any IGUA players post here...and forgot to allow myself to view voters :P
    Is there any interest in the tournament at this time from them, or would a longer time for planning be preferred? 'cause if so, this is gonna be BB and AE (because I like BB that's why and it's my bloody tournament, to cut off any snarky posts ahead of the gate)

....None at all.

The Injustice crowd is always up for events, I've informed them and they'd be up for it, we'd take 100% responsibility running it for a smooth experience.

Personally, I believe you should run BB too, It'd get more numbers.

IJ is getting run because of the time cock up last time, which honestly, does not justify precedence over a title with a larger player base, **** happens

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

I would see no reason not to run BB and IJ as well as AE. Both of them could be run on the PS3's - of which I know Felix has loads available - freeing up the xboxs for AE. BB deserves a run since its new..... would be hard to develop a scene further if the new release doesn't at least get a run of 2/3 consecutive events.

Will also be 3 separate sub scenes..... which is good for turn out

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭SuperChar

Yeah seriously Voa we need IJ.I would of played id that stupid time thing hadn't happened
    The IJ guys will show up if there's IJ to be played

We're in for the 7th.

I'll make a full post about it later tonight/tomorrow, but the running order will be IJ - AE, with a BB side tourney there too.
    Pricing will be 5 entry to anything/casuals, 5 per tourney (except BB).

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Trying to do some early social media work on this, facebook page:
    https://www.facebook.com/events/457066557731548/

Tweet:
    https://twitter.com/BrianVonDooM/status/405285490066087936

If anyone wants to share or whatever it is you crazy kids do these days.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement