Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice about Vets in Kildare

• 15-11-2013 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

I would be most interested to hear from anyone who has recommendations, both Good & Bad, for any Vets in the Kildare area. We have just acquired a Jack Russel puppy and we would like to be directed to a reliable practice. I've heard various conflicting recommendations about some Vets in the area......Thanks for any advice in advance.....Azvor..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭SingItOut

I've used the larger vets just off the main road near the petrol station in athy (not sure if I can name names here) twice in serious situations with my past dogs. I had my labrador put to sleep up there two months ago and I have to say they were very compassionate both times, my labrador was kept clean and comfortable even when he had no control over his bowel. So they get a thumbs up from me, the vet who dealt with my labrador wasn't the best at saying the right things but he did take care of our dog and that's the main thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Cottage vets in Newbridge and Moss Vets Naas (request Edward Gillick) are my recommendations.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

anniehoo wrote: »
    Moss Vets Naas

+1
    Very supportive of rescue groups, and seem professional and thorough :)

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭juniord

a friend of mine swears by bob freyne in celbridge veterinary clinic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

+2 for Moss Vets and Edward Gillic. Fantastic practice.

I know quite a few dog people in Celbridge and none of them would go to Freyne.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

I used to go to Moss Vets in Naas - but they are pretty expensive.
    Danny McHenry has an excellent reputation - in Newbridge. Went there once for 2nd opinion, he seemed v. thorough, would have stayed with him but found closer by:
    Animals First in Kilcullen
    They have 24 hour emergency call out. Have been going there for few years now - they took my very sick dog in over a bank holiday weekend in kept him over the weekend on a drip/meds. Very professional and will suggest alternatives rather than pushing the most expensive/invasive option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Danny Mc has unfortunately retired. Practice is still there but he is not.

Have heard great things about Animals First too but haven't used them myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭juniord

Toulouse wrote: »
    +2 for Moss Vets and Edward Gillic. Fantastic practice.

I know quite a few dog people in Celbridge and none of them would go to Freyne.
    different strokes for different folks i guess :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

Another thumbs up for Cottage Vets - my auntie and her crew of two doglets and two kitties are really happy with them. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22 azvor

Firstly, Thank you ALL for your recomendations and advice...Has anyone had any dealings with the Kilcock Clinic which is rather close to our home....I've heard conflicting opinions and hence my initial questions so I would greatly value any "inside" info.....

Once again, Thanks for your input.... Azvor....

• Advertisement
Advertisement