Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xtratherm boards got wet

Options
  • 15-11-2013 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi
    In the process of insulating floor joists between downstairs and upstairs. Took up floor boards and plan putting in rockwool and xtratherm 150mm boards.
    My question is , I acquired these boards from my uncle who had them stacked face down on top of each other for about 2 years . They weren't covered that well and got wet.i now have them stacked in my shed hopefully to dry. Would they still be ok to use if I let them dry for a week or that? Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭athlonelad

X00057906 wrote: »
    Hi
    In the process of insulating floor joists between downstairs and upstairs. Took up floor boards and plan putting in rockwool and xtratherm 150mm boards.
    My question is , I acquired these boards from my uncle who had them stacked face down on top of each other for about 2 years . They weren't covered that well and got wet.i now have them stacked in my shed hopefully to dry. Would they still be ok to use if I let them dry for a week or that? Any help appreciated.
    Maybe try a different forum. Someone with building expertise might hang out in the construction sections of this website. I dont know if they are allowed to give you advice however

• Registered Users Posts: 5 X00057906

Yea thanks done that

Advertisement