Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Too old?

Options
  • 15-11-2013 6:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭

Ok so I'm a big fan of piercings but due to the nature my job I have avoided facial piercings bar a few choice ear ones. I'm now 32 and ahhh a parent :-o but would love a nose piercing. A nice subtle discreet nose piercing any advice? My oh thinks I'm too old (am female)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Piper101 wrote: »
    Ok so I'm a big fan of piercings but due to the nature my job I have avoided facial piercings bar a few choice ear ones. I'm now 32 and ahhh a parent :-o but would love a nose piercing. A nice subtle discreet nose piercing any advice? My oh thinks I'm too old (am female)

You're 32, you're hardly old!

If you want it, go for it. You're never too old for a body mod if you want one. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

No such thing as too old. If you really want it, go for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭innad

Definitely not too old! Do it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

Never to old if you really want it go for it.

I have been planning a sleeve for years and I mean that literately. And i turn 60 in August that sleeve will be a reality round about then. My birthday present to myself. I can't wait to post the pics the forum

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Papillon!

:)Go for it! Why the hell not!

My exes mam is 54 and got her nose pierced with a small diamond stud last year. It's nice and subtle :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

You're never too old. My aunt got her nose pierced when she was in her 50's. She still has it now at 72.

If you really want it, get it. Nose piercings can be very subtle.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

There are many people 30, 40, 50 + with piercings. What does it mater what age you got it done at, whether you were 18 or 80? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭RhoDoDenDron

My mum never even had her ears pierced as a child, then she got her lobes, navel and nostril done around the age of 40.

If you don't do it now, you'll probably do it when you're 60 and don't care any more :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Sure, age is just a number! Act your shoe size! :D
    My mom got a nose stud for her 40th birthday and she still has it 16 years later. She was going to get a tattoo for her 50th but is still currently unsure of herself. Maybe when she turns 60 she'll go for the needle. Regardless, you're never too old for tats and piercings. Do what you like and feck everyone else's opinion.
    Also, quick note on work: if you go for a subtle stud you should have no problems as I used to work with a girl who had one and despite the dresscode, she was never (to my knowledge anyways) pulled up on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Definitely go for it if you really want it! I'm 26 and let mine close up years ago because of a job, but got it repierced last month because I can have it in the job I'm in. Life is too short to be too old for what you want, especially when it's only a little piece of jewellery!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

Never too old for anything like that. Jeez, I'm going on 43 and getting a full sleeve done!! Don't let anyone ever tell you you're too old. What, you're too old to live? Enjoy yourself? Indulge in your own pleasures? Pffft!! DO IT!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

Never to old if you really want it go for it.

I have been planning a sleeve for years and I mean that literately. And i turn 60 in August that sleeve will be a reality round about then. My birthday present to myself. I can't wait to post the pics the forum

*applause*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

As other have said you're never too old. Also, as facial piercings go, nose piercings are very subtle. Got mine done three weeks ago and very few people even noticed. One friend only noticed it the other day. They're tiny and pretty widely accepted. In regards work you can get clear or flesh toned retainers so they don't close up but are barely visible.

Advertisement