Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eFibre order mess

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

shifty89 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Both usernames here on this thread seem to be dealing with the same Fibre case, is this correct?

Thanks

Tracey

Yes we both live at same address
    Ok perfect, I was just making sure.

I have sent this to managers in the Fibre team and am hoping to hear back soon. As soon as I have more information I'll come back to you.

Sorry for the delays, I understand this must be very frustrating.

Thanks

Tracey

• Registered Users Posts: 23 shifty89

Day 62;

So the full 10 working days has now passed and no one from Eircom has called.  Ive sent a note on to Comreg to let then know as they now have a case open investigating this installation.  Eircom did have the nerve to actually Bill me for the line even though they are providing no service whatsoever.

So though no fault of our own and a mess up that was caused by Eircom they have still done nothing to address the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭dantastic

I don't get it.

There are numerous posts on this forum and others about eircom. Surely you must know that no-one at eircom cares about your situation, nor will anyone be held accountable. They charge you for a service you're not getting and if you spend time and money you can claim the money back...

But it's a lose-lose situation. You're losing no matter what and eircom is still getting you as a customer.

If you have lasted 62 days and still haven't voted with your feet. At this point you have your self to blame for the poor service you're getting. You have clearly demonstrated you are willing to put up with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Sephiral

It has been ten working days since the 25th. In other words, beyond the date we were told we would be contacted. Monday is cancellation day.

Also, afaik, Eircom will still handle the rollout of the line, which is where our problem has been. So I'm not sure you even understand what you are saying.

We also got a bill through the door this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭dantastic

Sephiral wrote: »
    It has been ten working days since the 25th. In other words, beyond the date we were told we would be contacted. Monday is cancellation day.

Also, afaik, Eircom will still handle the rollout of the line, which is where our problem has been. So I'm not sure you even understand what you are saying.

We also got a bill through the door this morning.
    Lol! Do educate me, please.

You have already been charged for a service you're not receiving. So you're cancelling Monday. And eircom is still handling rollout of the line.

• Advertisement

So the full 10 working days to contact us has now passed.  Fed up with the messing around with eircom we rang Vodaphone to explain the mess we were in and see what they could do instead.  Vodaphone said they could have us up and running in 5 working days on a cheaper contract.

Rang eircom and said vodaphone had offered us a better deal so would they do something about our situation not to lose our custom,  Unsurprisingly the rep said there was nothing to do so i asked to be put through to cancellations.  Told them I wanted the eircom contract cancelled as they were not providing us the service we were promised.  The rep then tried 4 times to get us not to cancel saying she would investigate why our broadband was not hooked up.  I said no you have had 65 days to do that and nothing has been done.

She then said that we would not get disconnected unless we pay a 100 euro early termination fee.  So not only have Eircom provided no service and continue to do nothing abotu it but they wont let us go and sort it ourselves without paying them for the privilege.  Quite honestly the worst company I have ever dealt with.

We have a case open with Comreg who are still awaiting a response from the company so it would seem they cant even be bothered to explain themselves to the regulator.

So rang eircom again today since they wont let us cancel and im not paying them.  asked for a status on the case we have that is now 68 days old.  There is no update on the account and again the rep refused to give an estimate to when we would get an appointment from a tech.  Can someone here from Eircom explain why the efiber escalations team is completely unreachable and why they have done nothing about our problem.

The day after the comreg deadline passed, I started getting phonecalls. A tech visit was arranged by some nice chap called Conor and he said to ring him back if there were any issues. The following day I received two calls in quick succession to confirm the address.

This morning, the tech rang me at 8am telling me he would be there in 20 minutes. 20 minutes later he rang asking me where in the wrong estate I live. When I explained, he said there was nothing he could do as he had all the wrong info. This is so far beyond farcical that I am not even angry anymore.

I tried ringing the Conor guy at Eircom back on the number he provided but he has not answered the three times I tried. I rang through to the eFibre hotline and was told I would get a call back from a manager within an hour. That was four and a half hours ago.

I also see that the eircom reps here have stopped responding.

When he asked about cancelling, we were told a tech visit would be organised within 6 weeks and that it would cost 100 euro if we wanted to proceed with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭sumo12

Mate, seriously, I would have stopped way before this. Cancel your direct debit and request your bank to dispute any transactions already gone through on the account. Do it all in writing to all parties and forward the whole lot to Comreg. Doesn't solve your problem with needing a broadband line, but unfortunately due to circumstances you will have to suffer mobile broadband or Imagine or one of those for a few months until this gets sorted. I would imagine you could press for damages and compensation for stress / time wasting et al, but I guess you just want out of it at this stage.

For what it's worth, I'm not a grumbling Eircom customer (I was in the past) but my personal experience with them has been exemplary in recent times. I guess things can go spectacularly wrong with any large company from time to time.

I do enjoy logging on and reading this thread for general amusement though ;)

I've been told 5 working days by the guy who took ownership of the problem. I'm going to give it until then. I'll be sleeping on someone's couch for a week because I will be on call to remote into work from 30th December onwards. This is the second time this has happened for me.

Any reps here be offering some compensation for the amount of hassle I've had to go through?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

The day after the comreg deadline passed, I started getting phonecalls. A tech visit was arranged by some nice chap called Conor and he said to ring him back if there were any issues. The following day I received two calls in quick succession to confirm the address.

This morning, the tech rang me at 8am telling me he would be there in 20 minutes. 20 minutes later he rang asking me where in the wrong estate I live. When I explained, he said there was nothing he could do as he had all the wrong info. This is so far beyond farcical that I am not even angry anymore.

I tried ringing the Conor guy at Eircom back on the number he provided but he has not answered the three times I tried. I rang through to the eFibre hotline and was told I would get a call back from a manager within an hour. That was four and a half hours ago.

I also see that the eircom reps here have stopped responding.

When he asked about cancelling, we were told a tech visit would be organised within 6 weeks and that it would cost 100 euro if we wanted to proceed with that.
    Hi Sephiral
    We had escalated this for you and have been advised of the call and that this issue was in hand. You most certainly should have received a call back as promised. I can see from your last post you have been advised this is likely to take 5 working days. If it should go over this time, or if issue is not resolved then please let us know.
    Tony

No contact since. Received a letter thanking us and welcoming us to eFibre because the original order was marked completed.

I'm not even mad anymore because this is so farcical.

I lost the number of the guy who was working with me when I changed phone over Christmas. I have his name though.

No contact since. Received a letter thanking us and welcoming us to eFibre because the original order was marked completed.

I'm not even mad anymore because this is so farcical.

I lost the number of the guy who was working with me when I changed phone over Christmas. I have his name though.
    Hi Sephiral
    I will chase this again, was it Conor you had spoken with re providing this?
    Tony

Yeah, it was. He closed out the previous order because it was such a mess and submitted a new one. Was going to try to rush the technician appointment but no word since around the 20th/21st.

Yeah, it was. He closed out the previous order because it was such a mess and submitted a new one. Was going to try to rush the technician appointment but no word since around the 20th/21st.
    Ok Sephiral,
    I have mailed Conor and asked that he chase this immediately, I hope to have rely soon and update on status of case. Sorry that you had to come back on again to get reply.
    Tony

Advertisement