Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eFibre order mess

Options
  • 15-11-2013 6:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

I orderd eFibre online on the 5th October all done online and everything seemed good.  First enginner came out to the house a week later to test our line said another engineer would be out a week after to install our router.  When he arrived there was not dsl link and when he rang eircom it turned out they got our address wrong and wired up the wrong exchange. 

Since then i have called 9 times and told the same thing every time that it has been escalated and we would be called the next day.  Every time promised that we would be called back which never happens.  Eircoms service has been nothing but shocking, I have never had to wait over a month for a simple instalation before.  Tried calling them again to day for my 10th call and again same thing all over again.  I am sick of this, what happend to customer service from these companies who want our money so bad?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭scargill

From my dealings with eircom so far, they seem to be snowed under with eFibre/eVision orders - there seems to be a huge backlog. Lack of info is my main gripe. I've made a similar number of calls and have gotten a similar number of escalations and I have never had anyone contact me.

If, at an earlier stage, I was told out straight that I would be waiting 5 or 6 weeks I would've grumbled but would've left eircom alone.

Like you, I keep being promised that a manager/engineer will contact me in 24/48 hours - but nothing happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 shifty89

scargill wrote: »
    From my dealings with eircom so far, they seem to be snowed under with eFibre/eVision orders - there seems to be a huge backlog. Lack of info is my main gripe. I've made a similar number of calls and have gotten a similar number of escalations and I have never had anyone contact me.

If, at an earlier stage, I was told out straight that I would be waiting 5 or 6 weeks I would've grumbled but would've left eircom alone.

Like you, I keep being promised that a manager/engineer will contact me in 24/48 hours - but nothing happens.
    Yeah this is exactly my problem Eircom made the mistake by having the wrong address but still have not done anything to correct that, despite makign the mistake themselves, im so tired of listning to eircom reps saying that completely understand and that i will get a call but then never do.  Whats worse is I work from home so now I have to travel back to my parents every day to use their connection.

So I also put through a complaint 7 working days ago to eircoms email complaint service and unsurprisingly no one has replied and I have still not received any of the promised call backs that every customer service rep has promised.  This is truly the worst experience I have had when trying to set up a utility service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

shifty89 wrote: »
    So I also put through a complaint 7 working days ago to eircoms email complaint service and unsurprisingly no one has replied and I have still not received any of the promised call backs that every customer service rep has promised.  This is truly the worst experience I have had when trying to set up a utility service.
    Hi shifty89

I'm very sorry to hear of the issues you are having with the order for efibre installation. Please PM me your landline number or efibre order number and I'll look into this in further detail.

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Sephiral

I'm shifty's housemate.

We rang up on Monday, were told that line should be enabled and all we need is a modem. Got modem by courier this morning and it did not work.

Rang up. Got through to eFibre line and was told to ring back with the phone number or an account number(which we were never given). Got told to ring two different numbers after being on hold for fifteen minutes each time. Was eventually told that a technician needs to be sent out again. Despite the previous technician saying nothing was to be done on site. He was convinced that the line was enabled and all that had to be done was the port number activated due to the incorrect address issue. So it seems that no one knows what needs to be done and we have been getting fobbed off for a full month.
    I was told I would get a call within 2-3 hours once a technician appointment was scheduled. Obviously I never received one.

I'm going to ring back tomorrow and if I don't get a date, I am going to cancel the order. If at any point, we were told in clear terms what was happening, this could have been avoided.

• Advertisement

Sephiral wrote: »
    I'm shifty's housemate.

We rang up on Monday, were told that line should be enabled and all we need is a modem. Got modem by courier this morning and it did not work.

Rang up. Got through to eFibre line and was told to ring back with the phone number or an account number(which we were never given). Got told to ring two different numbers after being on hold for fifteen minutes each time. Was eventually told that a technician needs to be sent out again. Despite the previous technician saying nothing was to be done on site. He was convinced that the line was enabled and all that had to be done was the port number activated due to the incorrect address issue. So it seems that no one knows what needs to be done and we have been getting fobbed off for a full month.
    I was told I would get a call within 2-3 hours once a technician appointment was scheduled. Obviously I never received one.

I'm going to ring back tomorrow and if I don't get a date, I am going to cancel the order. If at any point, we were told in clear terms what was happening, this could have been avoided.
    Also, I will be writing complaints to every single state and semi state body I can find. This is a farcical level of service.

DAY 46:

So Alan hasn't bothered to message me back despite saying he would look into it and again we were fobbed off with another Eircom customer service agent.  I have never experienced such sheer incompetence where one agent to the next has absolutely no idea what was going on.  We are going to contact comreg to report the complete lack of service that was caused by a mistake Eircom made. 

We finally got through to someone on Efibre and just as we thought, Eircom did not complete the order with one of their groups so its been an issue with them in dublin all along and no one could work this out.  We have been promised that our issue has been escalated to second level, which we have been told before and yet again we were told we will be called tomorrow.  I am not expecting to hear from them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

If anyone sent a PM (I believe at least one person has) with personal details to arroneircom, you should tell Eircom immediately - they are quite clearly not a verified rep and not authorised to speak on Eircom's behalf and so you may have handed over personal details to someone who is attempting to scam you.

We finally got through to someone on Efibre and just as we thought, Eircom did not complete the order with one of their groups so its been an issue with them in dublin all along and no one could work this out.  We have been promised that our issue has been escalated to second level, which we have been told before and yet again we were told we will be called tomorrow.  I am not expecting to hear from them.
    HI shifty89

I have not yet received a PM from you I'm afraid. Is the PM showing in your sent items?

I'm glad to see you ahve been advised you will receive a call however feel free to PM me your details if you have not received the call by this evening.

Thanks

Al

• Advertisement

HI shifty89

I have not yet received a PM from you I'm afraid. Is the PM showing in your sent items?

I'm glad to see you ahve been advised you will receive a call however feel free to PM me your details if you have not received the call by this evening.

Thanks

Al
    Yes it shows in sent view and predictably no one called us again.

Day 48:

So after waiting again with no call we rang eircom again this morning.  Got told they had fixed the port issue and now it should be working.  Predictably it didnt.  The agent then insisted that an engineer needed to come out to the house to do work, even though the one who had been out already said there was nothing more to be done and that it was a problem in Dublin.

We then asked for the address that he had on file as the right one and unbelievably he gave us the wrong address. THE WRONG F**king address again.  This was supposed to have been sorted already so yet again he said there was nothing more he could do and we would get a call in 5 working days to talk to efibre wholesale.  So that will bring us to 53 days of waiting for eircom to rectify thier mistake.  What is so hard about changing an address and configuring it?

The stupid thing is that the customer services team seem to have the right address but broadband dont.  Do eircom not communicate important info between teams when dealing with problems?

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭MajorMax

[I'm going to ring back tomorrow and if I don't get a date, I am going to cancel the order. If at any point, we were told in clear terms what was happening, this could have been avoided.[/quote]
    Also, I will be writing complaints to every single state and semi state body I can find. This is a farcical level of service.[/quote]

Why? Eircom are a private company

Day 48:

So after waiting again with no call we rang eircom again this morning.  Got told they had fixed the port issue and now it should be working.  Predictably it didnt.  The agent then insisted that an engineer needed to come out to the house to do work, even though the one who had been out already said there was nothing more to be done and that it was a problem in Dublin.

We then asked for the address that he had on file as the right one and unbelievably he gave us the wrong address. THE WRONG F**king address again.  This was supposed to have been sorted already so yet again he said there was nothing more he could do and we would get a call in 5 working days to talk to efibre wholesale.  So that will bring us to 53 days of waiting for eircom to rectify thier mistake.  What is so hard about changing an address and configuring it?

The stupid thing is that the customer services team seem to have the right address but broadband dont.  Do eircom not communicate important info between teams when dealing with problems?

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi shifty89

Thanks for the details. I am very sorry for the inconvenience you have experienced. I understand that this has created a lot of disappointment. I have requested clarification on what is creating this delay from operations and requested urgent action on this.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman","serif] [/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]As soon as I have an update I will get back to you here right away.

Thanks

Al[/font]

Day 48:

Hi shifty89

Thanks for the details. I am very sorry for the inconvenience you have experienced. I understand that this has created a lot of disappointment. I have requested clarification on what is creating this delay from operations and requested urgent action on this.

As soon as I have an update I will get back to you here right away.

Thanks

Al
    If you can speed this up to a resolution then I would be very grateful.  I really  think however that your training and communications at eircom need to be seriously addressed, not only was there a lack of info in our service ticket despite 14 calls, the worst thing was having to explain the issue all over again to every single person, and each of those people having a different anwser.  There needs to be a clear chain of ownership in an issue especially when this seems like a relatively simple problem to fix but is just being stopped by sheer incompetence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Day 48:

Hi shifty89

Thanks for the details. I am very sorry for the inconvenience you have experienced. I understand that this has created a lot of disappointment. I have requested clarification on what is creating this delay from operations and requested urgent action on this.

As soon as I have an update I will get back to you here right away.

Thanks

Al
    If you can speed this up to a resolution then I would be very grateful.  I really  think however that your training and communications at eircom need to be seriously addressed, not only was there a lack of info in our service ticket despite 14 calls, the worst thing was having to explain the issue all over again to every single person, and each of those people having a different anwser.  There needs to be a clear chain of ownership in an issue especially when this seems like a relatively simple problem to fix but is just being stopped by sheer incompetence.
    Hi,

We have been pushing your case that was escalated through the efibre escalation team.

REF: 1221843 BBTechLineFault Appointment Re-Schedule Mon Nov 25 18:53:12 GMT 2013

Did you a call from them as advised in the last few days.

Mark

We have never received a single phone call from Eircom at any point. That remains the case. Even though I was able to explain that there is no problem at either our house or our cabinet and the problem is that the wrong address had been enabled remotely, they insisted on sending a technician out. We are waiting on a phone call to confirm what date that will be because they could not provide it over the phone and could not connect me to the group who would have been able to.

It's bizarre that the technician was able to tell me what needed to be done on the spot 40+ days ago, but explaining this in over a dozen phone calls leads to no progress and no contact.

We have never received a single phone call from Eircom at any point. That remains the case. Even though I was able to explain that there is no problem at either our house or our cabinet and the problem is that the wrong address had been enabled remotely, they insisted on sending a technician out. We are waiting on a phone call to confirm what date that will be because they could not provide it over the phone and could not connect me to the group who would have been able to.

It's bizarre that the technician was able to tell me what needed to be done on the spot 40+ days ago, but explaining this in over a dozen phone calls leads to no progress and no contact.
    Hi Sephiral

Can you confirm the efibre account number or name and address so we can look into this for you.

Thanks,  Mark

Hi Sephiral

Can you confirm the efibre account number or name and address so we can look into this for you.

Thanks,  Mark
    Mark,

I PMed you the details we have.

Hi Sephiral

Thanks,  Mark
    Mark,

I PMed you the details we have.
    Git it thanks Sephiral

I have DM you back

Mark

• Advertisement

Thanks Mark. Just to be clear though, it has been acknowledged by a previous technician and by several reps over the phone that the technician visit is not actually needed.

Also, we were told that a technician visit was being arranged over a fortnight ago already.

Thanks Mark. Just to be clear though, it has been acknowledged by a previous technician and by several reps over the phone that the technician visit is not actually needed.

Also, we were told that a technician visit was being arranged over a fortnight ago already.
    Hi Sephiral

We have sent on the details to technical support and they have advised they did try trouble-shooting the issue which is why they then decided to escalate the case to engineers.

Mark

Mark,

I'm assuming that you can't elaborate on the troubleshooting they performed? As far as I am aware, traffic needs to be activated to my address instead of the address which was mistakenly taken at the start. The technician came out and performed the installation before realising the address issue and stated that there was nothing more to be done. I believe that they have not performed any trouble shooting for the correct address yet.

Secondly, if a technician visit is to be insisted on - at what point will we received confirmation of a date and how long will we have to wait for the actual visit? As I have stated before, we have been told more than a fortnight ago that a technician visit was being arranged?

Frankly I am sick of being kept in the dark and fed ****. I am not blaming any individual, but this is no way to treat customers.

Hi Sephiral,

Manager in technical support did not just outlined what I posted above. I have sent another follow up to try and arrange the appointment as they advised it is the best way to try an insure the issue is resolved.

REF: 1221843 BBTechLineFault Appointment Re-Schedule PendingClearsTeam Mon Nov 25 18:53:12 GMT 2013

Thanks, Mark

So a full week has now gone by even tho we were assured that Wednesday was the latest time we would get a call. The 11th such time a call back promise was made. We have now contacted comreg who have told us that this farce of an installation and the customer service from eircom are far short of what they expect and are now investigating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

So a full week has now gone by even tho we were assured that Wednesday was the latest time we would get a call.  The 11th such time a call back promise was made.  We have now contacted comreg who have told us that this farce of an installation and the customer service from eircom are far short of what they expect and are now investigating.

Hi shifty89,

I'm sorry to hear this and I understand your frustration.
    Your case has been put through an escalation process on the 25/11 under case ref - 1221843. The lead time on this is 10 working days I'm afraid. A new appointment needs to be assigned to the order for a technician to go out to you and unfortunately this takes time.

Sorry for all delays and  inconvenience caused.

Thanks

Tracey

Why on earth did it take more than a month for this process to start?

The only contact we have received from Eircom has been the responses here and a phone call each for the two technicians at the start. We have still not had a technician date arranged, nor a phone call, so it is likely that it will be at least another week before a visit. And that is an optimistic outcome. Why on earth was no ownership taken of our case for forty or so days?

It will be two months this week we have been waiting because of repeated errors on the Eircom side. We both have to work from home for a week every few weeks, which resulted in sleeping on couches.

Can any of your provide any definite information other than a reference number?

10 working days will mean this Friday correct?

Or is it ten workings days as in 240 working hours?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

10 working days will mean this Friday correct?

Or is it ten workings days as in 240 working hours?

Hi guys,

Both usernames here on this thread seem to be dealing with the same Fibre case, is this correct?

Thanks

Tracey

• Advertisement

Hi guys,

Both usernames here on this thread seem to be dealing with the same Fibre case, is this correct?

Thanks

Tracey

Yes we both live at same address

Advertisement