Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much to paint one door??

Options
  • 15-11-2013 7:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭

How much would it be to get someone to paint a bedroom door?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭blingrhino

How much would it be to get someone to paint a bedroom door?

sweet jeasus !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Nesta99

I'll do it for €50 per hour, shall just dig out my flask for the cup of tea and get on to making a few sandwiches for lunch. Reckon its a day long job, will need money upfront for the few litres of paint and a range brushes

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

If you have to pay someone you deserve to get rode ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

I don't live there anymore but I have to get it painted. Smart arses.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

I don't live there anymore but I have to get it painted. Smart arses.
    Not trying to be smart but why can't you drop around to the house and paint it yourself? Is the house in a different country or something?

• Advertisement

Or as a house owner myself that's rented out, pay for the paint and let the tenant do it. People in my place wanted it painted in certain colours, I agreed to pay for a basic colour scheme ie magnolia/cream, if they wanted something more they paid the extra balance. Tbh if the place needed painting and they were willing it saved me the headache. As for one door I would hope your tenants wouldnt be as unreasonable as to refuse the 10 minute job tops it would be to get it done.

I was a tenant. I accidentally broke the door so already replaced it but need to paint it now. Don't want to fcuk it up myself as I've never painted a door!

IT's to be painted white, will it need 2 coats both sides? Is there anything I should/shouldn't do!? (seeing as it looks like i will be doing it myself!)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,805 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

will you please let us know a time and date so we can sit and watch?!Make a day of it, I'll bring the deck chair and a few cans.
    we can sit and egg you on and then later in the evening we can go in and wreck the gaff.
    that way, if you do muck up the paint job, the landlord won't notice.
    yay!

Sarcasm I take it? Thought this was meant to be a helpful place? Must be because it's in the Louth forum.....!

• Advertisement

Sarcasm I take it? Thought this was meant to be a helpful place? Must be because it's in the Louth forum.....!

Or because people do exactly what is says on the tin!

Do's and donts

Dont spill it or eat it, dont dip the brush into the tin up to your elbow, do put a cover down if there is carpet as i have kicked over a tin of paint myself and the clean up is a pain. Have the correct implement to open tin and dont take an eye out in the effort. Dont buy a gallon of paint for one door. Depending on how neat ye could be bothered to be have some masking tape. The actual painting well ummm dip brush and apply paint to door, watch Karate Kid - the bit where the fence is being done if in doubt about technique needed.

Never been to a painting party, cans, bunch of friends, and the craziest painting you are likely to see - after said cans are nearly consumed?

I was a tenant. I accidentally broke the door so already replaced it but need to paint it now. Don't want to fcuk it up myself as I've never painted a door!

I take it that you mean you was pished coming in one night and put a foot or fist through a bedroom door and are terrified of losing a deposit. That or lost keys and did a Sledge Hammer impression kicking the door in...

Student lives eh!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Due to the fact that i'm a son of my father i'd have to give that door a bloody good sanding and an undercoat before i would touch it!!

Purplecow take sandpaper with you,that painting party night will be a VERY long night indeed ! ;)

Btw-

An Lú Abu

Its a new door though, no need for fillers and sanding back years of painting and hairs 'n stuff stuck. Emulsion, gloss, matt finish, generic or crown or Dulux, its nearly a science this painting stuff, purplecows is having a meltdown as he reads....

Sweet Jesus!
    Nothing pished related,just ended up moving somethin heavy and it bashed into said door so I bought new one and have been ultra busy and unable to paint it.
    Have paint. Have brush. Just wanted to know if it was simples as it sounds to paint,looks like it is from the very 'helpful' comments so thanks,topic answered I think!
    Oh and 'does what it says on the tin'? Would that be a DULUX tin? Hahahaha. . . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Tramps Like Us

lol its very easy to paint a door, just lash a load of undercoat on it you'll be grand.

Oh and 'does what it says on the tin'? Would that be a DULUX tin? Hahahaha. . . . .

Tisch!! Ronseal you amateur you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Classic thread :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

OP, Painting a door yourself is quite easy and basic.

If you don't feel confident doing it yourself then I'd highly suggest that you call a local painter (of which there are many in the Louth area) and ask them.

They'll give you a quote.

This forum generally discusses matters and events in Louth. You may find knowledge of actual pricing for jobs may not actually exist here and would be better served in the DIY forum.

Hope you get it painted :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

As the irritable Clarkson says, on that bombshell thread is locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement