Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fruit

Options
  • 15-11-2013 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭

I used to order from fruitfellas, they were very expensive, any ideas where to get fruit at lower prices, which promotes local business ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Lidl only use Irish suppliers and I can't imagine the margin being large on fruit and veg. Often it's a loss leader to get people in the door. I have never brought fruit in lidl that didn't last for a good while( its always pretty fresh).

If you leave in Dublin you can go to the fruit market behind Capel street. You have to buy everything by the case but the prices are pretty good( you must negotiate) and the fruit is just off the ferry and really fresh. They are all small Irish businesses

• Registered Users Posts: 28 fruitman

Have a look at www.flynnsfreshveg.com same idea as fruitfellas. Might be worth trying out. Nice fella and gets good quality produce from Smithfield markets.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭billcullen1

thanks will look into it, just received rotten fruit today from Rob, not too impressed !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

Lidl.

Advertisement