Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sorry! Another going out in Dublin thread

Options
  • 15-11-2013 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭

I'm coming up tomorrow night for the night. Haven't been in Dublin in years. Fairly lazy and don't want to walk or cab around Dublin all night. Is there one area or street with loads of bars or clubs that I can base myself for the night? Easy about scene and music, over 30, doesn't matter though. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Temple bar.
    Central location within walking distance of everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

The Camden St./Wexford St. area is another option with plenty of decent pubs and eateries, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

El Guapo! wrote: »
    Temple bar.
    Central location within walking distance of everything.

Is temple bar the tourist spot. Or do dubs go there too?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

It's definitely more of a tourist spot but you will find plenty of locals there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

11Avoid Temple Bar in my opinion, rip off! Whelans, Solas, Ryans, and Against The Grain would be decent shouts for Wexford St/Camden St.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭musicfan1ie

The area just off George sTreet, which has Hogans, market bar, no name bar, hairy lemon, peters pub. Also means, you're within a couple of minutes of many other bars near grafton street. But Camden Street area is class too. Give Temple Bar a miss!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

The area just off George sTreet, which has Hogans, market bar, no name bar, hairy lemon, peters pub. Also means, you're within a couple of minutes of many other bars near grafton street. But Camden Street area is class too. Give Temple Bar a miss!

You could start in Hogans and work your way down to Camden Street, used to do that when I wasn't such a lazy sod.

Advertisement