Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Midnight launch?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

The midnight openings for the PS4 are invite only for pre order customers only for security reasons. They must be fully paid in advance too and no cash will be taken at these openings.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 tino96

How do people get invited then?

And what happened in the US, was a similar thing?
    Or was it just that maybe the word got out and the shop staff decided to sell them anyway?

I still think it may be possible here. If course, a limit of one per person or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

tino96 wrote: »
    How do people get invited then?

And what happened in the US, was a similar thing?
    Or was it just that maybe the word got out and the shop staff decided to sell them anyway?

I still think it may be possible here. If course, a limit of one per person or something.

You get invited if you have a pre order that says you will get the console day 1 gamestop will ring you and say you can come to the midnight opening and from what i here its that there will be no cash taking on the night and that you have to have your console fully paid off before you go.

US to Ireland. What happened in the US will not happen in Ireland as where about as big as state here

I dont think its posable turning up to a shop and getting a PS4 on the 29th in gamestop as the PS4 has been sold out since AUG here for day 1

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

The plan in my Local gamestop so far:

come in early on 28th. Fully pay off everything and put in in to system properly. Then come in during launch night pick up your stuff and feck off to play all night, eating Pizza, drinking energy drinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

Just go to a 24 hour Tesco. Surely that's the easiest way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 cpio

Are there any 24 hours Tescos any more?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Nope.

The plan in my Local gamestop so far:

come in early on 28th. Fully pay off everything and put in in to system properly. Then come in during launch night pick up your stuff and feck off to play all night, eating Pizza, drinking energy drinks.
    You did preorder though didn't you?

daRobot wrote: »
    Just go to a 24 hour Tesco. Surely that's the easiest way.

Like a Tesco extra? Do you think they'll have it on release day?
    I'd have to go to school the next day so they'd better be open 24 hrs straight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

cpio wrote: »

Dundrum sc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

Clarehall is 24hr

• Registered Users Posts: 9,763 ✭✭✭lertsnim

One in Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 8 cpio

Dundrum not 24hr any more (caught me out the other day). Rang up Tesco earlier today to find out about Clare Hall and the man said it's only open until midnight, though he wasn't 100% sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

Dundrum not 24hr any more (caught me out the other day). Rang up Tesco earlier today to find out about Clare Hall and the man said it's only open until midnight, though he wasn't 100% sure.

Going by their website Clarehall is only open from 6.00 am - midnight.

Did you call the actual Clarehall extra or just Tesco's Helpline?

This is Clarehall's number 1890928477, and yes it is from 6 am to 24 according to the website.

I emailed Tesco and they said they'll be getting PS4's in their 24hr stores... so yeah some of them might still be around.

The question is, any of them in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

There are no 24 hour Tescos in Dublin.

Advertisement