Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can this be possible?

• 15-11-2013 10:09pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭

OK So after a long think I made up my mind. I said even though I hate my course in the PLC I am going to continue with it regardless of failing it or not.

I have a very bad Leaving Cert with only 120 points and all subjects at ordinary level with fail's in Math's and English. I wish to go to college but not for computer science through PLC because I hate it, hopefully for biology through my leaving cert.

I am the type of guy who can not study at home so I am not even going to bother becoming an external candidate and with all the assignments I have for this PLC course I can't study for my Leaving Cert this year.

I was wondering would it be possible to repeat 6th year from September next even though I'll be 19?

Thanks all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 6YearStruggle

I wouldn't see why not! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Blue giant

<snip>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Red_Dwarf

Blue giant wrote: »
    <snip>

Bla Bla

OP there is no reason why your cant repeat 6th year

If i was you i would get the books now that you need and start getting interested before you start 6th year again , this way when 6th year starts you would be on the ball or if you dont start then dont bother attempting 6th year

you need to train yourself to study and put the effort in before the school year starts

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 73 ✭✭jadun

You don't need to go back to your old secondary school. Plenty of places that you can study as an adult for the leaving cert and get to keep your dole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Blue giant warned for being blatantly uncivil. Next time it will an infraction. Cut it out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭CBX

Go for it. 19 is still young enough, you're only one year older than me. It will be worth the extra year in the long run if you get to do something you actually enjoy for the rest of your life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

fontdor wrote: »
    OK So after a long think I made up my mind. I said even though I hate my course in the PLC I am going to continue with it regardless of failing it or not.

I have a very bad Leaving Cert with only 120 points and all subjects at ordinary level with fail's in Math's and English. I wish to go to college but not for computer science through PLC because I hate it, hopefully for biology through my leaving cert.

I am the type of guy who can not study at home so I am not even going to bother becoming an external candidate and with all the assignments I have for this PLC course I can't study for my Leaving Cert this year.

I was wondering would it be possible to repeat 6th year from September next even though I'll be 19?

Thanks all.

You can repeat your LC next year, but I'm assuming you are doing a PLC in Information Technology or similar. It doesn't mean you have to do a PLC in computer science. Many ITs accept students onto their courses with a PLC and it doesn't have to be a specific one. So maybe you should check out courses you are interested in at third level and see which ones require a PLC (FETAC Level 5) and see if any of them accept your course other than computer science courses. All is not lost yet.

Advertisement