Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When will eircom refund me

Options
  • 15-11-2013 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

I left eircom in September with a contract waiver, I was told by the complaints department to return the final bill to them with the contract waiver number on, and they would cancel the broadband early cease charge. So on Oct 6, my final bill arrived. I sent a copy of the final bill to the complaints department with the contract waiver#, and expected a prompt refund, since I would be in credit if there was no broadband early cease charge. 

About 10 days ago, I got an envelope from eircom, in it I expected to receive my refund, but instead I got a letter threatening legal action, if I did not pay eircom, within 10 days. I phoned the credit department, and explained the situation, that eircom owe me money, they said they look into it. I still am waiting for my refund.

I am quickly running out of patience with eircom, I hope eircom will refund me before Nov 23.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭pointywalnut

I contacted an eircom agent using the web chat, yesterday and supplied my account and contract waiver number. They said they would have an answer on Monday. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

I contacted an eircom agent using the web chat, yesterday and supplied my account and contract waiver number. They said they would have an answer on Monday. 

Hi pointywalnut

I'm sorry for the inconvenience caused, you may need to contact eircom complaints directly however I would advise waiting for the webchat agent to get back to you before doing so.

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks

Al

I have lost patience, and have raised the issue with Comreg

Hi pointywalnut

The agent in webchat had advised that they will contact you today however If you would like to PM me your account details I'll look into this further for you.

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 15 leacy22

We've raised issues in the past in relation to eircom with Comreg - they tend to get back to you quite quickly once a formal complaint is lodged!

• Advertisement

PM sent with phone number of account, I do not have my account number on hand at work. Posted earlier message from home
    Hi pointywalnut

The agent in webchat had advised that they will contact you today however If you would like to PM me your account details I'll look into this further for you.

Thanks

Al

PM sent with phone number of account, I do not have my account number on hand at work. Posted earlier message from home
    Hi pointywalnut

Thanks

Al
    Thanks pointywalnut

I'll look into this and get back to you as soon as I have more information.

Thanks

Al

Eircom have contacted me, and confirmed they are issuing the refund tonight

Eircom have contacted me, and confirmed they are issuing the refund tonight
    Hi pointywalnut

I'm glad to hear this.

Thanks

Al

Refund received today