Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iOS 7 running slow on iPhone 4

• 15-11-2013 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

Upgraded my IPhone 4 to the new iOS 7 software. The phone is now running slow. A few people have also said this when they updated their iphone 4.

What's the fix ? Better to go back to ios6 ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 queen g

ChewyLewy wrote: »
    Upgraded my IPhone 4 to the new iOS 7 software. The phone is now running slow. A few people have also said this when they updated their iphone 4.

Best to go bck to d io6

queen g wrote: »
    Best to go bck to d io6

Had d same problem myself as well as a good few of my mates. Defo go bck to ios6

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

seems to be running fine for me so far

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭ChewyLewy

Had d same problem myself as well as a good few of my mates. Defo go bck to ios6

Thanks queen g. How do I get it back to iOS 6 ?

Its ok pookie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

When posting, please write clearly in proper English or Irish but not in txtspk.

Thank you.

culabula wrote: »
    When posting, please write clearly in proper English or Irish but not in txtspk.

Thank you.

Have you any tips ?

Thank you.

No probs

biggebruv wrote: »
    seems to be running fine for me so far

Mine is really slow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 245 ✭✭Migworks

You don't!
    Apple have shot themselves in the foot, its like my laptop is 4 yrs old, can I download windows 8 onto it and have it run perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭Rackstar

Go to settings - reset - reset all settings. You don't lose any data doing this.

I've had to do it on a few devices after upgrading to ios7. Has sorted them all so far.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Mine is really slow

Back up your phone to the computer in iTunes. Restore it as a new phone, then restore it from your last backup. Restoring as a new phone sorts a multitude of problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Migworks wrote: »
    You don't!
    Apple have shot themselves in the foot, its like my laptop is 4 yrs old, can I download windows 8 onto it and have it run perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly how have them shot themselves in the foot? The iPhone 4 is 3 years old at this stage considering that most tech products you buy are obsolete the moment you buy them, the iPhone 4 is a relic. It's sad truth tbh.

Apple aren't ones to worry about a few customers that would be on iPhone 4's at this stage let alone the minuscule amount that may be having slow down problems when the majority of people are running fine.

I have an iPhone 4 running ios7 in the office for testing and tbh it's fine that being said it has no media, texts, snapchats (whatever kids these days do) on it.

Exactly how have them shot themselves in the foot? The iPhone 4 is 3 years old at this stage considering that most tech products you buy are obsolete the moment you buy them, the iPhone 4 is a relic. It's sad truth tbh.

Apple aren't ones to worry about a few customers that would be on iPhone 4's at this stage let alone the minuscule amount that may be having slow down problems when the majority of people are running fine.

I have an iPhone 4 running ios7 in the office for testing and tbh it's fine that being said it has no media, texts, snapchats (whatever kids these days do) on it.

My iph

My iPhone doesn't gave any of that. Facebook or twitter. No interest. Only new app it has is viber.

I also own a iPhone 5. The 4 is for work.

Huge difference between them with the new software

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,907 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

My iPhone doesn't gave any of that. Facebook or twitter. No interest. Only new app it has is viber.

I also own a iPhone 5. The 4 is for work.

Huge difference between them with the new software

Older hardware and newer software is never going to be a match made in heaven.

The iPhone 4 was a great phone in its time but things have moved on a bit too fast for it, unfortunately for iPhone 4 users.

Personally if it was me with an iPhone 4 I wouldn't have updated it. I know a few people even with an iPad 3 who refuse to update to iOS 7 on it but have 7 on their newer iPhones.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭shaneb92

So no one reccomands updating there iPhone 4 to ios 7.0.4??

Hmmm....might just skip this update so

shaneb92 wrote: »
    So no one reccomands updating there iPhone 4 to ios 7.0.4??

Hmmm....might just skip this update so

? I haven't the slightest issue with 7.0.4.

Aodhagan wrote: »
    Older hardware and newer software is never going to be a match made in heaven.

The iPhone 4 was a great phone in its time but things have moved on a bit too fast for it, unfortunately for iPhone 4 users.

Personally if it was me with an iPhone 4 I wouldn't have updated it. I know a few people even with an iPad 3 who refuse to update to iOS 7 on it but have 7 on their newer iPhones.

My iPhone 4 is running perfectly on iOS 7. Battery life on this particular model has never been better.

Of course, I use iPhone 5s for most things, but it still get a hell of a lot of calls to the number on my iPhone 4 and use it as a hotspot.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭pfurey101

My iPhone 4S is currently losing 1% a minute when in use and thats with everything OFF, all internet tips actioned and screen brightness down to 25%.

It shut down at 23% battery remaining and then when powered up on charge, it went straight in at to 23%.

There are just too many iPhone 4 problems with IOS 7 and guess what - the mighty feckin apple really doesn't care.

How can they get away with all of this awful operating system on older phones :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 203 ✭✭wilford

My daughter is also using her 2 year old 4 with ios7.0.3 without any problems snapchat,facebook and viber she uses them all also listens to music a lot the only thing I did after updating was turn off all the highlighted spotlight searches battery lasting much the same as previous firmware's no better or worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭pfurey101

wilford wrote: »
    My daughter is also using her 2 year old 4 with ios7.0.3 without any problems snapchat,facebook and viber she uses them all also listens to music a lot the only thing I did after updating was turn off all the highlighted spotlight searches battery lasting much the same as previous firmware's no better or worse.

Hi Wilford, tried that as I hadnt tried it before. No joy!

Its mad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Herrick

I know plenty with an iPhone 4 running ios7 and it's perfect. If they give trouble after updating the best fix I've found is to back up everything then completely wipe the phone and set up as new and hey presto it's running smoothly.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Supernintento Chalmers

The question appears to have been unanswered a number of times in this thread, is it get an iPhone back to IOS 6.x?
    If so, how?

quote="Supernintento Chalmers;87785935"]The question appears to have been unanswered a number of times in this thread, is it get an iPhone back to IOS 6.x?
    If so, how?[/quote]

It appears not, Apple have blocked that route! Your only hope it to buy a 4s that will come with ios6 and NEVER upgrade to 7!
    Just sent the wife's off a second time last week for a fix to the wifi loss. Hoping they send out a new phone with the ios7 tested working!

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭nightster1

? I haven't the slightest issue with 7.0.4.

iphone4 no problem with latest update if done properly. Follow apple's instructions for best advice

nightster1 wrote: »
    iphone4 no problem with latest update if done properly. Follow apple's instructions for best advice

It's nothing to do with that, it's to do with certain batches of iPhone having problems running the new software, overloading the memory and hearing up the wifi chip, resulting in the slow menu changes and loss of wifi.

I tried the fridge trick and it worked for a a while, but once you use the phone on a regular basis it heats up (always did anyway) and the problems return. Now when you consider how long they made the 4s for, I'm sure there are different chips and bits sourced from various manufactures over the last 3/4 years and the phones that are having the issues come from one particular source?

At the end of the day, I've had this issue acknowledged by Apple and if you google it its quite common.

Bit of a ball drop for apple but I still love their products!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

My iPhone 4 used to get so hot sometimes I couldn't hold it for any length of time. Worked fine upto march this year when I traded in against a 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭nightster1

Migworks wrote: »
    It's nothing to do with that, it's to do with certain batches of iPhone having problems running the new software, overloading the memory and hearing up the wifi chip, resulting in the slow menu changes and loss of wifi.

I tried the fridge trick and it worked for a a while, but once you use the phone on a regular basis it heats up (always did anyway) and the problems return. Now when you consider how long they made the 4s for, I'm sure there are different chips and bits sourced from various manufactures over the last 3/4 years and the phones that are having the issues come from one particular source?

At the end of the day, I've had this issue acknowledged by Apple and if you google it its quite common.

Bit of a ball drop for apple but I still love their products!!!

two iphone fours and a 4s in our house running latest ios7 without probs. Guess our's aren't in the bad batch then

• Advertisement

Result!!! Wife's iPhone 4S replaced by Apple for new phone happy days......until I tested the flash indoors and yet again its another duff one!

Another two hours on the phone this morning to senior supervisor ( I got escalated lol), and after taking pics there and then and emailing them to her, she agreed that the new replacement phone seems defective! This is in relation to a ghost line appearing from top to bottom of picture just off centre when taking flash pics in a dimly lit environment. The original 4s worked fine until
    the ios7 upgrade, then we started to lose wifi, had slow menus and this line appeared in flash pics. Oh dear another returns box enroute. The galling thing is I specifically noted the problem with apple and even sent a note with the last phone explaining the issues and left test pics on the phone for them to see. Guess they just binned the old one and didn't think to check the new one properly.

Wife is fast going off apple, I'm still waving their flag! At least their Customer service reps are great to deal with. Ill update in a few weeks......

Advertisement