Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multiple xboxes on zyxel f1000?

• 15-11-2013 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone here has two or more xboxes with open nat on this router without bridging etc.
    The reason i ask is because i would consider buying one if i thought it would work out of the box as a replacement for the huawei from vodafone.

Is there anyone here has bought a vdsl 2 modem/router that works without any messing about.
    Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Freddy Smelly

hardweir wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone here has two or more xboxes with open nat on this router without bridging etc.
    The reason i ask is because i would consider buying one if i thought it would work out of the box as a replacement for the huawei from vodafone.

Is there anyone here has bought a vdsl 2 modem/router that works without any messing about.
    Cheers.

to get 2 xboxes to work on the f1000 you could try this

log onto f1000 modem and set firewall to low

then go to the nat > applications > add new

choose consoles > xbox and pick ip address 192.168.1.50

activate it

connect first xbox and go on the f1000 to network settings >home networking > static ip routing

enter the mac address of the first xbox and assign it ip address 192.168.1.50 and click apply then reboot xbox

next connect the second xbox

enter the mac address of the second xbox as 192.168.1.51 and apply then reboot xbox

next go to dmz tab and enter 192.168.1.51

now both xboxes will connect to xbox live at the same time.

not the best solution but it does work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Or just go to the network settings on the XBOX and set a static IP within the Xbox. I have had 3 xboxs on one router without issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Freddy Smelly

logik wrote: »
    Or just go to the network settings on the XBOX and set a static IP within the Xbox. I have had 3 xboxs on one router without issues.

its not the static ip that causes the problem with the f1000 its the ****ty port forwarding that does.

it wont let you setup port forwarding for the 2 xboxes with separate ip addresses

Advertisement