Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Does anyone else's safari keep crashing on boards?

• 16-11-2013 12:39am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,325 ✭✭✭✭

It's absolutely doing my nut in the last few weeks, safari keeps crashing especially with a thread that contains a video, has anyone found a solution?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,499 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Same story here. No solution that I've heard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭Starscream25

It's absolutely doing my nut in the last few weeks, safari keeps crashing especially with a thread that contains a video, has anyone found a solution?

This happens to me too on my ipad, was going to start up a thread asking about it too, don't know what the story is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Works fine for me on iPhone 5. Embedded videos play no problem as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Solution - download chrome ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Safari has always been crap but is absolute rubbish now and it's not just with boards. Most times it will simply state connection to server failed or something like that. I'd delete it completely if I could. I use chrome all the time now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

I've stopped using chrome and went back to safari much much better and no crashes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

It's been said already, Safari is crap, it does have a few features that no other browser has but it has never been stable on my machines, it's not even stable on my iPhone.

The ONLY browser that works consistently is Chrome. Firefox is perhaps the second, Opera might even be better than Firefox.

I'm trying to get away as much as possible from the Google Monster that could easily be the big brother portal, but I have to come back time and time again to Chrome.

Oh!, I see this is an Apple forum, I'm running Windows so my response is not valid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,909 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Red Nissan wrote: »
    It's been said already, Safari is crap

I'm running Windows

Well then :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Same here, iphone 5.
    Doing it since ios7 update.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Chrome continually crashes on my iPad on Boards if there's videos embedded.
    Haven't noticed it happening as much if I use Safari.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Super Freak

Happens on both Safari & Chrome here on my iPad since I updated to ios7

:(:(:(:(:(:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Chrome would constantly crash on Boards (or any bulletin board) that had videos embedded on iOS6. I was a big Chrome fanboy so kept using it regardless. If a thread had several videos embedded, it would really slow down and get buggy - You almost had to be careful, one odd touch and the browser would crash. But videos embedded on other websites tended to be okay from what I remember. It's almost like whatever way Boards and other forum websites embeds YouTube videos, the iPad can't handle it.

Since updating to iOS7, it has been the same. I was hoping it would be fixed. I then moves to Safari to see if it was any better but it was the same result (anyone know if Safari had the same problems on iOS6?). But I've noticed that Safari is much faster than Chrome in loading pages and general browsing. I miss Chrome's full screen feature and the way its syncs Bookmarks and History across devices. But Safai feels much smoother I couldn't go back.

Its a very annoying problem overall. The fact that majority of websites I visit play embedded videos fine, it can be frustrating. Guessing It's an iPad problem rather than an App problem?

Dman001 wrote: »
    Chrome would constantly crash on Boards (or any bulletin board) that had videos embedded on iOS6. I was a big Chrome fanboy so kept using it regardless. If a thread had several videos embedded, it would really slow down and get buggy - You almost had to be careful, one odd touch and the browser would crash. But videos embedded on other websites tended to be okay from what I remember. It's almost like whatever way Boards and other forum websites embeds YouTube videos, the iPad can't handle it.

Since updating to iOS7, it has been the same. I was hoping it would be fixed. I then moves to Safari to see if it was any better but it was the same result (anyone know if Safari had the same problems on iOS6?). But I've noticed that Safari is much faster than Chrome in loading pages and general browsing. I miss Chrome's full screen feature and the way its syncs Bookmarks and History across devices. But Safai feels much smoother I couldn't go back.

Its a very annoying problem overall. The fact that majority of websites I visit play embedded videos fine, it can be frustrating. Guessing It's an iPad problem rather than an App problem?
    Never had the problem with Safari on iphone until ios7.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

blade1 wrote: »
    Never had the problem with Safari on iphone until ios7.

Interesting so that Chrome has had this problem since at least iOS6, but Safari hasn't. Must be a treatable problem so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

Same problem here, I think mine started having issues when boards was updated a few months ago. I'm still on IOS6

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,693 ✭✭✭flutered

i am using sea monkey, works fine, the only downside is that one has to download a newer version every two to three weeks, my anti virus calls it firefox.

Dman001 wrote: »
    Interesting so that Chrome has had this problem since at least iOS6, but Safari hasn't. Must be a treatable problem so.
    Same problem here, I think mine started having issues when boards was updated a few months ago. I'm still on IOS6

I'm only having the problem on Boards so maybe it has something to do with the Boards update.
    Annoying though.

Advertisement