Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rathmore Transition Year video

Options
  • 16-11-2013 7:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭

I thought with all the prevent suicide campaigns going on and the open your mind and speak to someone advice given that this song from the young lads and girls in Rathmore secondary school TY would be appropriate to put up here.

My sister is the girl "rapping" after the lad at the start (very proud of her) and the song is about their daily lives growing up in a country place. They can't believe the reaction it has gotten already and the fact they threw in some local characters names is adding to the banter locally. Also a line about doing every day things but still something bothering you is great and it gives you a sense of the way things are looked at out in the country, the line is: "it could be eatin' you up while you're feedin' the calves, remember a problem shared is a problem halved" Simple but effective.

They are deligted with nearly 2,000 views in one day so hopefully you enjoy it and get a little laugh out of it like I did. Simple things can be the most inspirational. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0Jez6Op1VA

Advertisement