Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

keeping warm

Options
  • 16-11-2013 9:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 33

hey was just wondering are them thermal hooded rash vest any good? thinking buying one, or would I be better off just paying the money and buying a new wetsuit..?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Sidewayslarry

I couldn't afford a new wet-suit last year so just went with a hood, and a cheap and cheerfull one at that.

The big thing with head gear is to keep the ears warm in my opinion. If your ears get cold, every wave that smashes off you is going to hurt; keep the ears cosy and its not half as bad. My winter season was 10 times better last year as a result.

Whether its better than a new suit with built in head gear, I have no idea and until I win the lotto, I won't know either, but for the coming season I will be donning my €25 hood again with a smile on my face :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭rodento

If you have the cash get a new suit, with winter coming there is nothing better than having two suit to alternate

rodento wrote: »
    If you have the cash get a new suit, with winter coming there is nothing better than having two suit to alternate

Nothing as bad as having to get into a damp suit on a cold day :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Geomy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭promethius

a bottle of water just as your locking the car, then let nature take its warm soothing course........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭rodento

promethius wrote: »
    a bottle of water just as your locking the car, then let nature take its warm soothing course........

You're taking the piss mate

rodento wrote: »
    You're taking the piss mate

I don't know.... I'm warming to the guy

I'll get my coat

:P:D:P:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Dr Nic

Shamed to say it but I can't catch a wave til I go in my suit...

Oh and go to done deal or adverts and seqrch 'new wetsuit'
    Lots of top suits like psycho 3 and f bombs going for cheap. Lads buy them and only wear them 3 times. I got mine for 200eur off rrp. Worn 3 times so seller claimed

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭kodute

Dr Nic wrote: »
    Worn 3 times so seller claimed

And only pissed in twice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Geomy

kodute wrote: »
    And only pissed in twice

Lol nothing like sitting in the line up, the person that looks like they're concentrating the most is usually....

**** creek isn't called **** creek for nothing. ..

If you're out surfing and your eye's start to sting, its more than likely. ..

• Advertisement
Advertisement