Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

laundette fumes coming in my house

• 16-11-2013 9:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

morning all

i recently bought a beautiful property in dun loaghaire for a great price and doing some work to it at the moment and noticed some heavy smells and noise coming from laundrette ventilation on there roof saying that there ventilation pipe is right against my wall right under neat my window so when i open the windows fumes come in to my house , i have said this to the owner , and he said that we will move them 3 months have gone by and still nothing so the enviorment department from the council got involved and nothing has happened is there anything else i can do please help:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭234

Aside from the regulatory angle the other option would probably be nuisance. But this would definitely be the more expensive way to go about resolving the issue. If you wish to pursue this then talk to a solicitor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

Is it tumble dryer steam or dry cleaning fumes?

If it's just dryer steam it's at least just a annoyance. If it's dry cleaning solvents you should get onto the EPA and council.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

domdom83 wrote: »
    morning all

i recently bought a beautiful property in dun loaghaire for a great price and doing some work to it at the moment and noticed some heavy smells and noise coming from laundrette ventilation on there roof saying that there ventilation pipe is right against my wall right under neat my window so when i open the windows fumes come in to my house , i have said this to the owner , and he said that we will move them 3 months have gone by and still nothing so the enviorment department from the council got involved and nothing has happened is there anything else i can do please help:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Did you get the house inspected before you bought?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 domdom83

Santa Cruz wrote: »
    Did you get the house inspected before you bought?

yes but it wasn't a issue at the time now it is

SpaceTime wrote: »
    Is it tumble dryer steam or dry cleaning fumes?

If it's just dryer steam it's at least just a annoyance. If it's dry cleaning solvents you should get onto the EPA and council.

tumble dryer steam, but smells very bad i was talking to the engineer who did the work he was telling me it wasn't done correct also said it was to be move asap

• Advertisement

the noise is really loud

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

A neighbour of mine was burning nappies in a stove he had in he's shed. The smoke used to go straight in the window of my childs room.

I mentioned it to him three times, to no avail.

Somebody climbed on he's shed one night and emptied two cans of expanding foam down the chimney. There was only one fire after that, I tried not to laugh too much as he ran out of he's smoke filled shed!

A neighbour of mine was burning nappies in a stove he had in he's shed. The smoke used to go straight in the window of my childs room.

Somebody climbed on he's shed one night and emptied two cans of expanding foam down the chimney. There was only one fire after that, I tried not to laugh too much as he ran out of he's smoke filled shed!

:):):):):):):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭234

And what would you have done if he had been injured or killed?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

234 wrote: »
    And what would you have done if he had been injured or killed?

Id have given the same amount of ****s as he gave about my childs health!

• Advertisement

well done mate power to you i would have done the same thing but lets not go off topic

do you think i have a case ???? its so loud

tumble dryer steam, but smells very bad i was talking to the engineer who did the work he was telling me it wasn't done correct also said it was to be move asap

Gas dryers exhaust a mix of gas fumes and steam btw

SpaceTime wrote: »
    Gas dryers exhaust a mix of gas fumes and steam btw

btw???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

do you think i have a case ???? its so loud
    As long as their inside the noise pollution time limits. After 10 pm and before 8am I don't think theirs too much you can do. I stand to be corrected though.

ken wrote: »
    As long as their inside the noise pollution time limits. After 10 pm and before 8am I don't think theirs too much you can do. I stand to be corrected though.

they can put a silencer on them i think

Advertisement