Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iOS 7.0.4

• 16-11-2013 9:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭

Just woke too find another new update from apple

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Just woke too find another new update from apple

How do you manage to sleep for 48 hours? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,909 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

culabula wrote: »
    How do you manage to sleep for 48 hours? :D

Haha!

I imagine that it showed up with the "1" badge on settings icon. It does that a couple of days after the update comes out for those who haven't already manually looked for an update.

Of course the big issue with that is that Apple download the update to your phone whether you want it or not. Was a big issue for people with iOS 6 who lost over 1gb of storage when iOS 7 automatically downloaded & they were prompted to install it when they didn't even want to. It even resulted in a court case :roll eyes:

http://www.techradar.com/news/computing/apple/cook-cops-an-earful-as-man-sues-apple-over-ios-7-auto-downloads-1191198

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

It doesn't auto download though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

This came out on Thursday. It's a fix for FaceTime call issues. No biggy

guil wrote: »
    It doesn't auto download though.

It does. Just opened up my new rMini there that shipped with 7.0.3 and after playing around with it for a while the notification asking to update to 7.0.4 came up and the only option in settings is to install not download & install.

Same happened with iOS 7 on my girlfriends 4S and a few other people I know who didn't want the update.

• Advertisement

You still have to press the button to update. Also nearly sure you can just press the home button to return.

You still have to press the button to update. Also nearly sure you can just press the home button to return.

That's not the point, it's the fact that it takes up a large amount of space when its an update to a new OS.

Aodhagan wrote: »
    It does. Just opened up my new rMini there that shipped with 7.0.3 and after playing around with it for a while the notification asking to update to 7.0.4 came up and the only option in settings is to install not download & install.

Same happened with iOS 7 on my girlfriends 4S and a few other people I know who didn't want the update.

That's not possible. Automatic downloads simply weren't a feature before iOS 7. You have to be plugged in/have more than 50% battery. Be connected to Wifi.

And. Agree.

All of these factors add up as to why I encounter dozens of people still stuck on iOS 6 (and frequently not the most recent version).

That's not the point, it's the fact that it takes up a large amount of space when its an update to a new OS.

Of course it's the point. You said the update haopenede automatically from iOS 6 to iOS 7 when clearly it didn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Maybe it's just me, but I find iOS7 much more stable and less buggy on my 3rd Gen iPad since the update. The animations for quitting Apps, Multitasking and unlocking the device feel smoother and less glitchy (although calling the keyboard from springboard still has that annoying lag). Maybe it's a bit of a placebo effect on me, but happy to see the OS going towards an iOS6 level of smoothness.

• Advertisement

Of course it's the point. You said the update haopenede automatically from iOS 6 to iOS 7 when clearly it didn't.

Where did I say it happened? I said it downloaded. Surely you know the difference between downloading and installing?

culabula wrote: »
    That's not possible. Automatic downloads simply weren't a feature before iOS 7. You have to be plugged in/have more than 50% battery. Be connected to Wifi.

And. Agree.

All of these factors add up as to why I encounter dozens of people still stuck on iOS 6 (and frequently not the most recent version).

It is possible. Like I said it happened me this morning and also on iOS 6 with other devices.

http://m.cnet.com/news/ios-6-holdouts-complain-about-large-unwanted-ios-7-download/57604701

It is possible. Like I said it happened me this morning and also on iOS 6 with other devices.

http://m.cnet.com/news/ios-6-holdouts-complain-about-large-unwanted-ios-7-download/57604701

Yes, it is true that I have occasionally found in my own case, the download there and waiting -this is quite welcome for my purposes. More than likely it is because my iPhone(s) spend a lot of time connected to wifi and more often than not, plugged in overnight.

Would that the same were true of the six iPhones I recently updated using a 3G hotspot. In none of these iPhones was the new OS or incremental update pre-downloaded and it took forever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

Just go to Settings the General and then iTunes & App store and then turn off Automatic downloads on updates.

This should remove it happening automatically as I had to manually search for this update myself.

flexcon wrote: »
    Just go to Settings the General and then iTunes & App store and then turn off Automatic downloads on updates.

This should remove it happening automatically as I had to manually search for this update myself.
    That setting is only for purchases through iTunes and the App Store.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,737 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Threads with you tube clips still crashing safari for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Safari still crashing for me. :(

Do you use the touch site or the regular one? I use touch and have no problem with embedded vids.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,737 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Do you use the touch site or the regular one? I use touch and have no problem with embedded vids.

Regular site.
    Crashing on the phone and iPad. Not good enough to have to use the touch site.

Realised actually my Bluetooth isn't working on the iPad. It refuses to pair with my Nexus 4 to send pics to it. Seems to be a common problem going by the Apple Support forums.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

There's a thread about the embedded youtube crashing in Site Development. The guys aren't sure yet whether it's a Boards or iOS 7 problem.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057049465

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Dman001 wrote: »
    Realised actually my Bluetooth isn't working on the iPad. It refuses to pair with my Nexus 4 to send pics to it. Seems to be a common problem going by the Apple Support forums.

Is that possible? Apple don't really like Bluetooth and for years I've just avoided pairing with anything other than a speaker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

There's a thread about the embedded youtube crashing in Site Development. The guys aren't sure yet whether it's a Boards or iOS 7 problem.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057049465

I think it's probably an iOS 7 issue. Seems to happen on other forums too where there are embedded videos. Some people suggesting that the 1gb RAM in the iPad just isn't enough.

Zcott wrote: »
    Is that possible? Apple don't really like Bluetooth and for years I've just avoided pairing with anything other than a speaker.
    D'oh it actually isn't, dunno why I thought I had done this in iOS6. I had pics on my iPad that I had taken with my phone, couldn't remember how I put them on. Assumed it was BT, but remember now I sent them to myself through Facebook.

Advertisement