Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frankfurt Marathon - 26th October 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Best of luck all, make sure you enjoy those beers afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Where were you on the 28th October 2013?
    I can't tell you where you weren't. ;)

I was at Dublin marathon! I even crossed the finish line :p

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Ahh I remember when this thread started I thought I might do this too...lol...couldn't even run 15 miles now :D

Best of luck folks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

Ahh I remember when this thread started I thought I might do this too...lol...couldn't even run 15 miles now :D

Best of luck folks!!

That's not gonna stop me in Dublin the day afterwards...well actually no it probably will, and several times before the end, but I'll get to the finish line hopefully. Just glad I cancelled my scheduled 4hr pacing gig!:o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭opus

Tracking page is now live. Weather forecast is perfect. If only the fricking Lufthansa pilots would play ball. :mad:

Strike treats aren't what you need leading upto this weekend, plenty of other stuff to worry about during the taper :(

So is the plan to meet up in the festhalle after the finish for a beverage or two & then arrange the plan for the evening?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,517 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

opus wrote: »
    Strike treats aren't what you need leading upto this weekend, plenty of other stuff to worry about during the taper :(

So is the plan to meet up in the festhalle after the finish for a beverage or two & then arrange the plan for the evening?
    Works for me. Also planning on doing the pretzel run on Saturday morning, so may bump into some of you there. If anyone wants to fire me off a pm with their email/mobile number, I'll make a list and circulate.

Works for me. Also planning on doing the pretzel run on Saturday morning, so may bump into some of you there. If anyone wants to fire me off a pm with their email/mobile number, I'll make a list and circulate.

Forgot about the morning run actually, I'll be there as well...

Friend of mine doing DCM showed me this yesterday, made me smile :)

taper_poster.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

Very best of luck to all running this on Sunday.

The pilots union have proposed restarting talks with the representatives of the airline. so while they haven't ruled out further strikes, I'm taking that as a positive sign! I'm checked-in anyway, but with one eye permanently on Skyscanner!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

Wetter.de is saying dry and perfect temp but I see they're forecasting some wind. Hope it's behind us for that 4.5k straight from 31k on.

http://www.wetter.de/deutschland/wetter-frankfurt-18221009.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭plumber77

It was behind you at that stage last year so fingers crossed it will be again. I'd be confident enough of some pb's come Sunday evening all going well. Itziger, have you the bus sorted from Hahn in to frankfurt. Bit of a free for all when we got in last year. Pre purchased tickets priority.

plumber77 wrote: »
    It was behind you at that stage last year so fingers crossed it will be again. I'd be confident enough of some pb's come Sunday evening all going well. Itziger, have you the bus sorted from Hahn in to frankfurt. Bit of a free for all when we got in last year. Pre purchased tickets priority.

I'm flying into the fancy airport!!!! Flying out of Hahn on Monday alright, but not before going home to Lux on Sunday evening first. Hopefully Opus sees this, I think he's doing Hahn.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭plumber77

It was actually on the way home we nearly got caught out, coming from Luxembourg as well. There's about 2 hours between buses from the train station. We arrived into Hahn after a panicky bus journey and ran straight into a queue for boarding. Worse bus trip ever 😂. Thank god Hahn ain't much bigger than farranfore or we were goosed.

Itziger wrote: »
    Wetter.de is saying dry and perfect temp but I see they're forecasting some wind. Hope it's behind us for that 4.5k straight from 31k on.

http://www.wetter.de/deutschland/wetter-frankfurt-18221009.html
    Yr.no (which I've found to be the most correct source for regional weather information) is still predicting 10'C - 14'C, overcast, and winds of 0m/s to 1m/s (i.e. no wind). Hopefully it's consistently correct this time too.

Last call for anyone to send on their contact details for sharing amongst the Irish Frankfurters. Otherwise, we'll hopefully bump into you at the pretzel run or after the race. Safe travels..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭viperlogic

Name|Current PB|Prediction|Corral|Beer
    Krusty_Clown|2:38:31|2:34:50|1st Asics|Yes, please
    DocQThe5th|2:50:18|2:39:59|1st Asics|do bears **** in the woods?
    RunForestRun|2:50:51|2:48:30|1st Asics|For sure, not flying home til Monday
    Itziger|3:09:06|2:59:xx|1st Asics|Go on then
    HibernianRunner|Virgin|3:54:59|Expensive Ice-cream|All drinks on me
    Emer911| 3:58:59| 3:58:58? |Stadt Frankfurt| well maybe I'll have one so
    opus|2:54:38|2:53:xx|1st Asics|Ah sure just one or two then

Any bib numbers to track ye?

Best of luck also

Name|Current PB|Prediction|Bib|Corral|Beer
    Krusty_Clown|2:38:31|2:34:50|1927|1st Asics|Yes, please
    DocQThe5th|2:50:18|2:39:59|1932|1st Asics|do bears **** in the woods?
    RunForestRun|2:50:51|2:48:30|4294|1st Asics|For sure, not flying home til Monday
    Itziger|3:09:06|2:59:xx|6208|1st Asics|Go on then
    HibernianRunner|Virgin|3:54:59|?|Expensive Ice-cream|All drinks on me
    Emer911| 3:58:59| 3:58:58? |F1892|Stadt Frankfurt| well maybe I'll have one so
    opus|2:54:38|2:53:xx|1919|1st Asics|Ah sure just one or two then

Here's the ones I could find.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭ThePiedPiper

ThePiedPiper|2:50:51|2:49:30|4294|1st Asics|For sure, not flying home til Monday
    HibernianRunner|Virgin|3:54:59|?|Expensive Ice-cream|All drinks on me

Changed my username there too. Time is the goal rather than a prediction.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭FBOT01

Best of Luck to all those running this on Sunday. Some cracking target in that table. I hope they are all achieved...enjoy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Best of luck lads & lassies, hope you all have a great day and hit your targets.

Q, here's hoping you hit your target (I've a vested interest :)) enjoy the weekend, you've a great cycle behind so you should be going into it full of confidence.

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

Best of luck to you all on Sunday

..while I won't get up at 3am to track it :Pac: it will be the first thing I check when I wake up Sunday morning!

Give it socks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭HibernianRunner

ThePiedPiper|2:50:51|2:49:30|4294|1st Asics|For sure, not flying home til Monday
    HibernianRunner|Virgin|3:54:59|1968|Expensive Ice-cream|All drinks on me

I'm flying out Friday at 12:10 on flight LH979 with lufthansa.
    Will be staying at the Manhattan Hotel.
    Return Monday at 16.00 on flight LH980.

I'm flying into the fancy airport!!!! Flying out of Hahn on Monday alright, but not before going home to Lux on Sunday evening first. Hopefully Opus sees this, I think he's doing Hahn.

Cheers, happy to report I'm all ticketed up for tomorrow :)

Best of luck to everyone for Sunday!

Had a bloody dream there about meeting the 'gang' in Frankfurt. Two fellas who I didn't know from the proverbial start telling me how I could improve my training. Then I finally spot Krusty - recognised him from the multitude of pics on the forum. He was accompanied by a female too which helped. Long shaggy hair though - K., not the lady - kinda like Jerry Kiernan back in the day.

Otherwise, this taper has been trauma free. Good luck with the pesky German pilots today and tomorrow.

Had a bloody dream there about meeting the 'gang' in Frankfurt. Two fellas who I didn't know from the proverbial start telling me how I could improve my training. Then I finally spot Krusty - recognised him from the multitude of pics on the forum. He was accompanied by a female too which helped. Long shaggy hair though - K., not the lady - kinda like Jerry Kiernan back in the day.

Otherwise, this taper has been trauma free. Good luck with the pesky German pilots today and tomorrow.
    That was no dream!
    I see the forecast on yr.no is much the same. .. Except the wind had picked up. ..
    《groan》
    Krusty (flowing locks) Clown.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭paddybarry

All the best to those running. Come home sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭sideswipe

Best off luck folks. Look forward to carb loading with my feet up whilst refreshing this page on Sunday.
    Remember that when things get tough-

WE'RE WATCHING.......DON'T SLOW DOWN!!:D

That was no dream!
    I see the forecast on yr.no is much the same. .. Except the wind had picked up. ..
    《groan》
    Krusty (flowing locks) Clown.

And the wind is gone again. Probably best to just stop checking the weather forecasts!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

And the wind is gone again. Probably best to just stop checking the weather forecasts!

I'm the same with the weather here, wind seems to be stronger every time I check the forecast

( ..." so stop ****ing clapping")

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭EauRouge79

Best of luck to you all! Hope ye all arrive on German soil without any hassles.
    Will be keeping an eye on the times.

Couple of brief reports on Sunday night would be great if ye can drag yereselves away from the bar!.....that may be a big if!

Let's get the weekend off to a flyer and inspire the rest of us DCM'ers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭EauRouge79

Best of luck to you all! Hope ye all arrive on German soil without any hassles.
    Will be keeping an eye on the times.

Couple of brief reports on Sunday night would be great if ye can drag yereselves away from the bar!.....that may be a big if!

Let's get the weekend off to a flyer and inspire the rest of us DCM'ers.

Advertisement