Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frankfurt Marathon - 26th October 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

tunguska wrote: »
    Its under 2:30 anyway but he's gone off too fast, 16:48 for the first 5k. I hope I'm wrong.....

Its slipping, he's at 2:28 pace now and started at 2:22 pace. Hope he holds it together from here

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Opus is going very well, isn't his PB around 2.55?

Keep it going lads

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

25k:

Krusty: 1:32:14
    DrQ: 1:35:51
    TPP: 1:40:06
    Itziger: 1:46:19
    opus: 1:40:08
    HR: 2:07:15
    Emer: 2:21:23

TPP gone ahead of opus for the first time

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭TRR_the_turd

tunguska wrote: »
    Its slipping, he's at 2:28 pace now and started at 2:22 pace. Hope he holds it together from here

that first 10k was a bit too hard. I know you need to go off hard to get the quick times but that was bit too fast. Hope he can hold it together. I'd say he is in a world of pain and will probably have runners passing him too which can't help.

What's TPP's race number I can't get him on the tracker

Opus is going very well, isn't his PB around 2.55?

Keep it going lads

TbL

Yeah, 2:54:xx. His target was 2:53:xx, but he's well under that atm.

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

that first 10k was a bit too hard. I know you need to go off hard to get the quick times but that was bit too fast. Hope he can hold it together. I'd say he is in a world of pain and will probably have runners passing him too which can't help.

Paul D's 25k split has steadied out, hopefully he can hold now...

DrQ's 20-25k split is 18:45. Picking it up!!!

This is great running.
    All seven of them are either inside their target, or close enough that it's still very much on.
    Come on!!

RFR TPP's last 3 5k splits are 19:48, 19:49, 19:47 that's what you call steady pacing!!

I like the way he has gradually picked up the pace since his first 5k (20:37) and then settled into a steady rhythm.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭T runner

Kustys pace between 21.1k and 25k would give him a 76:56 second half and a 2:34:55 finish. He seems to be well in control and has a great chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

menoscemo wrote: »
    DrQ's 20-25k split is 18:45. Picking it up!!!

Keep it going Q and finish it fast, I'm waiting to go to the beach :)

TbL

Paul D almost 19 minutes for 25-30k, over 2 minutes slower than his first 5k. looks like the fast start is hurting him. Projected time now outside 2:30 :o

30k:

Krusty: 1:50:32
    DrQ: 1:54:48
    TPP: 2:00:00
    Itziger: 2:08:07
    opus: 2:00:57
    HR: 2:33:21
    Emer: 2:49:46

that's another great split for KC definitely going low 2.35s and if he has something left in the tank might even sneak under it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

Paul D almost 19 minutes for 25-30k, over 2 minutes slower than his first 5k. looks like the fast start is hurting him. Projected time now outside 2:30 :o

He's slowing badly now. If only he could manage to rein himself in and not be so killer at the start he'd have done 2:27

yaboya1 wrote: »
    30k:

Krusty: 1:50:32
    DrQ:
    TPP:
    Itziger:
    opus:
    HR:
    Emer:

18:18 there for KC, that sees his finish time creep down closer to sub 2:35
    18:57 for DRQ, his second sub 19 in a row...

another sub 19 split for DQ

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭dublin runner

Brilliant pacing by the Doctor. This is really keeping my mind off tomorrow! Fingers and toes crossed for the lads.

This is great stuff

• Advertisement

18:18 there for KC, that sees his finish time creep down closer to sub 2:35
    18:57 for DRQ, his second sub 19 in a row...

the great thing about the tracker is between checkpoints it estimates their position based on their previous split. Great to see the lads hit the checkpoints bang on. With others who are slowing down you can see it's left hanging.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

The race starts now. Keep it going lads.

the great thing about the tracker is between checkpoints it estimates their position based on their previous split. Great to see the lads hit the checkpoints bang on. With others who are slowing down you can see it's left hanging.

KC and DQ are actually coming in ahead of the predictor. Accelerating at this stage must be an awesome feeling.
    I wouldn't know :p

Thank God Dublin doesn't have such a sophisticated system! :). You must be delighted how it's gone so far for Andy.

Thank God Dublin doesn't have such a sophisticated system! :). You must be delighted how it's gone so far for Andy.

God help anyone trying to track boardsies in Dublin tomorrow. I'm struggling with just seven here!

Any news on who is actually winning the race? Haha!!

TPP 2 hours flat through 30k

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Great reading so far. Now comes the tough part. Dig in lads.

Marathon only starts at 20 miles so fingers crossed

• Advertisement

yaboya1 wrote: »
    God help anyone trying to track boardsies in Dublin tomorrow. I'm struggling with just seven here!

The morning has flown by tracking everyone. Dublin doesn't have checkpoints every 5km right?!

Advertisement