Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reactivate SIM card in GSM dialler?

Options
  • 16-11-2013 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭

Forgot to top up my SIM card,required reactivation post top up?Alarm system is still no longer receiving my text messages?SIM card providers have advised me that the SIM card requires reseating to correct the fault?Virtually impossible to my installer out,tried calling him several times...Does replacing the SIM card in the GSM dialler require me to call out my registered installer?The system is a POWERMAX PLUS variety.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Power down the system entirely. Turn off the mains power & remove the battery. Wait a minute and power back up. The SIM should initialise then & connect to the network.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

KoolKid wrote: »
    Power down the system entirely. Turn off the mains power & remove the battery. Wait a minute and power back up. The SIM should initialise then & connect to the network.

Hi KoolKid,does one power down the device by turning off the mains,can I then remove the battery from the control panel without activating the alarm?I do not require the so called engineer code,shall leave be if it is required until I get a hold of the installer,busy man!:)Thanks for your help.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You can power it down and remove the battery yourself , you should not require the engineer code.
    You could try the default engineer code 9999.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Thanks very much for your help KoolKid,appreciate it.Shall give it a go.

Advertisement