Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost to remove chimney breast and fireplace

Options
  • 16-11-2013 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am in process of buying a 1970s built 2-storey detached house and am considering remodelling which would involve turning current living room into a bedroom.

I would like to remove the open fireplace and chimney breast in the room if possible and am wondering how much this would cost.

I know nothing about building so if what I say next seems funny don't laugh.
    Even though the fireplace is on internal wall the chimneybreast seems to be on an external wall and I can't see any sign of a chimney breast in the room overhead so could it be there is no repercusions to the room above? If so does this make it an easier job???

Also, if I relocate living room and want to build a chimney breast elsewhere in the house is this a massive and costly job?
    Any advice welcome.
    Thanks.

Advertisement