Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exiting Contract??

Options
  • 16-11-2013 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭

I signed up (moved from Perlico/Vodafone) last June, as I was not happy with my BB, and wanted to avail of efibre from eircom. I was assured by the rep that efibre would be available shortly in my area, and hence why I switched. 
    six months on, and no efibre. Very annoyed with this,and have not paid my bill as a result. I feel that eircom have broken their side of the agreement, and I have signed up and duped into to paying for a service that is not being provided. Upon enquiring, I was informed that I could not exit the contract, and that they would look into and review the recording of my conversation with the rep at time of making the contract over the phone. They said they would get back to me within 48 hours and two weeks later still nothing. This is appalling service and treatment of its customers. In the meantime, I have no house phone, and can't even take in calls. Furthermore, I was informed that efibre would not be in my area until next March at the earliest! This is most frustrating, and I want to resolve this matter. I will happily pay outstanding balance if I can be given clearance to exit my contract with eircom, who have clearly duped me into  this contract which does not fulfil its side of the agreement.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

I signed up (moved from Perlico/Vodafone) last June, as I was not happy with my BB, and wanted to avail of efibre from eircom. I was assured by the rep that efibre would be available shortly in my area, and hence why I switched. 
    six months on, and no efibre. Very annoyed with this,and have not paid my bill as a result. I feel that eircom have broken their side of the agreement, and I have signed up and duped into to paying for a service that is not being provided. Upon enquiring, I was informed that I could not exit the contract, and that they would look into and review the recording of my conversation with the rep at time of making the contract over the phone. They said they would get back to me within 48 hours and two weeks later still nothing. This is appalling service and treatment of its customers. In the meantime, I have no house phone, and can't even take in calls. Furthermore, I was informed that efibre would not be in my area until next March at the earliest! This is most frustrating, and I want to resolve this matter. I will happily pay outstanding balance if I can be given clearance to exit my contract with eircom, who have clearly duped me into  this contract which does not fulfil its side of the agreement.

Hi picturehangup

An outcome to an investigation conducted in response to an official complaint registered with eircom complaints department can take up to 10 working days. Should you wish to contact them for an update please feel free to contact them on their free phone number. Unfortunately I'm unable to offer an update on a registered complaint from here. 

Thanks

Al

Advertisement