Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connemara Half, Full and Ultra 2014

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Redtop

Does anyone know what photography company did the photos? Is there a link?

There were several photographers but no sign of a link to any of the photos yet. Please post links if you come across anything. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

If Barry puts up a link for his race report, then so will I! ;)

http://rubbishrunner.blogspot.com/2014/04/walk-straight-through-hell-with-smile.html

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Redtop wrote: »
    There were several photographers but no sign of a link to any of the photos yet. Please post links if you come across anything. Thanks.

I've seen no sign of anything yet,
    Normally by now they'd be something up on http://marathon-photos.com/ but its still waiting on photos.

I'm hopeful a photo I'm in might appear in that FIT magazine on Thursday as I heard it mentioned for a group shot at the Ultra start, I seem to be hardly ever in photos so it'll make a change :)

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭RegisteredMice

These are the only photos I can find online ..
    http://www.jimmymcelroy.com/connemarathon

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭ArtieFufkin

If Barry puts up a link for his race report, then so will I! ;)

http://rubbishrunner.blogspot.com/2014/04/walk-straight-through-hell-with-smile.html

I was the second to last runner that you passed going downhill about a mile from the finish. You flew by me! Sounds like you had a far better time on the last third than I did, even though you had stomach trouble.
    I was really struggling with a dodgy quad muscle, turns out I'd torn it and I'm still barely walking.

Anyway, we'll done on a great race. You paced it really well. A lot better than I did!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭echancrure

Cabaal wrote: »
    I've seen no sign of anything yet,
    Normally by now they'd be something up on http://marathon-photos.com/ but its still waiting on photos.

I'm hopeful a photo I'm in might appear in that FIT magazine on Thursday as I heard it mentioned for a group shot at the Ultra start, I seem to be hardly ever in photos so it'll make a change :)

Got an email from them alright this morning with a dozen photo to purchase of myself.
    Do they use number recognition software to match image to people?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Cabaal wrote: »

Ah so that was yourself I compared blisters and toenails with behind the tent at the finish line.

Great result man. Huge margin from your previous time.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭doctorchick

echancrure wrote: »
    Got an email from them alright this morning with a dozen photo to purchase of myself.
    Do they use number recognition software to match image to people?

From what I remember them saying a few years ago, they upload all the photos to (I think) New Zealand, where they are gone through 1 by 1 to tag them with numbers showing, these are then matched up to entry list, and then back onto Marathon Photos site. They use NZ as they are so far ahead that they are done during the night when everyone is either drunk/passed out/still in agony.

I was taking a few on the line, and have them up on my facebook page (gallery should be set to public)

Connemarathon 2014 photos

Iain

• Registered Users Posts: 19,525 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

From what I remember them saying a few years ago, they upload all the photos to (I think) New Zealand, where they are gone through 1 by 1 to tag them with numbers showing, these are then matched up to entry list, and then back onto Marathon Photos site. They use NZ as they are so far ahead that they are done during the night when everyone is either drunk/passed out/still in agony.

I was taking a few on the line, and have them up on my facebook page (gallery should be set to public)

Iain
    Thanks Iain. You grabbed a nice one of me. Do you know if/where Aengus McMahon posts photos? He was driving alongside me in the car for the guts of a mile with his camera pointed at me. At the time, I figured he might be trying to film my last words, but having seen some of his work posted since, would love to know if he captured anything that made me look remotely less miserable than I felt at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Thanks Iain. You grabbed a nice one of me. Do you know if/where Aengus McMahon posts photos? He was driving alongside me in the car for the guts of a mile with his camera pointed at me. At the time, I figured he might be trying to film my last words, but having seen some of his work posted since, would love to know if he captured anything that made me look remotely less miserable than I felt at the time.

KC,

I think this is the link to his business

http://aengus-mcmahon-photography.photographers.professional-services.galway.tel/

His work also appears in some of the local papers, especially the Galway Advertiser, I'll keep an eye out.

TbL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭doctorchick

As TbL says, that is his business website and he usually puts them into the local press. THe Galway Indo had a selection in yesterday but they were from Boyd Challenger who is their 'in house' photographer. I am not sure but I think Aengus will pass on his photos to Ray for use and I don't think I have ever seen Aengus dump his photos to Flickr etc. If I see him around work in the next few days I will ask him about them.

Iain

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭zico10

Iain

Thanks for taking these Iain and also for making them freely available. I was delighted to see two photos of me. Much happier with these ones than any in the bundle I paid Marathon-Photos for.

Alan Kenny

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ger664

My usual late race report.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭echancrure

Splits are up on RedTag Timing

Down in marathon from 30th to 31st but very happy with my split of +5 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭Emer911

Rambling race report here, if anyone is interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

A pity there are so few photos from the race.
    That marathon photos website is poor value for what you get. 30 quid for a photo. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭skittles8710

Fairly disappointed not a single photo on marathon photos for my bib no.!

Those splits are hilarious.

3:30:53 for the first two halves. Not even a bad marathon time there.

2:25:36 for the final half. Slowest of my life.

Ron DMC wrote: »
    Those splits are hilarious.

3:30:53 for the first two halves. Not even a bad marathon time there.

2:25:36 for the final half. Slowest of my life.

Ouch! You still got an ultra finisher medal, though. And there are always worse splits, like that one:

1:28:35 1:40:58 2:14:41

Not mine! They're from a runner who definitely knows what he's doing but obviously had a very painful day.

Ouch! You still got an ultra finisher medal, though.
    Aye, and just finished under my target of 6. At one point though, I thought I might do 5:30. Until I got to the top of that hill coming out of An Líonán and could barely walk. Next year though, next year...
    And there are always worse splits, like that one:

1:28:35 1:40:58 2:14:41

Not mine! They're from a runner who definitely knows what he's doing but obviously had a very painful day.
    Eeek, not fun. Must have been in serious trouble to slow that much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,658 ✭✭✭Enduro

Looks like the splits of someone with decent marathon pace who hasn't run beyond marathon before...is that the case?

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭shane1981

Fairly disappointed not a single photo on marathon photos for my bib no.!

Do a search based on the gear colours you were wearing, that might find some photos. Pricey though.

Enduro wrote: »
    Looks like the splits of someone with decent marathon pace who hasn't run beyond marathon before...is that the case?

No, he'd come third last year in the Ultra. Must have had a serious off-day this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 guysmiley

I have attached the split results for the ultra in ms-excel. These are sorted with the lowest split differences at the top, and the red marked splits are negative. That's me at position 108, kept it fairly even until the last 3rd when the hills got me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭roro2

guysmiley wrote: »
    I have attached the split results for the ultra in ms-excel. These are sorted with the lowest split differences at the top, and the red marked splits are negative. That's me at position 108, kept it fairly even until the last 3rd when the hills got me :)

Fair play guysmiley. The sum_diff column doesn't take account of negative splits though - but easily rectified. Interesting stuff, well done.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Gota say I'm pretty happy with my splits
    1:53:23
    1:53:51
    &
    2:05:44

Pretty consistent I think, I figure the wind added 5min to my time on the 3rd half and once I factor in that I wasn't far off my goal of sub 5:40...i can live what that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭RegisteredMice

Surprised there's little or no photos published from the race online. You'd see more after a local GAA run. Initially thought it was another sponsorship thing (allowing Marathon-Photos.com publish first) but logically, I've no idea why their facebook and website pages haven't been updated. Would be extra marketing for them... I dunno!

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭skittles8710

Yeah I'm surprised aswell. I searched marathon photos - bib no., clothes colour etc and not a single one. A handful of lovely photos from some independent photographers but not half as many pictures floating about as I was expecting.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,525 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

I think the weather had a lot to do with it. Very few spectators on the course with cameras in those conditions, and I wouldn't blame them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Bugsy2000

Not my report but one put together by a clubmate who ran a 2.45 in the full. A decent read.

Connemara 2014, One of those Magic Days

Advertisement