Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connemara Half, Full and Ultra 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Outside

Half:
    Skittles8710 No PB first Half, Target 1:59:59
    Tigerandahalf No PB First Half Target 1.45 - 1.50
    Registeredmice NOPB cos first, Target 1:50
    ultraman1's da

Full:
    Jet Black
    echancrure NOPB cos first, Target 3:25
    FBOT01 03:20
    cailineile
    ger664(if i survive Seville)
    NameThatTune 3:59 first time
    Bladeserver NOPB First time, Target 4:00
    PDCAT
    Martyboy48
    quinlivan
    theboyblunder

Ultra:
    Ferris B 5:29
    opus
    Cabaal 5:39
    TFBubendorfer PB 4:53:34, Target 4:53:33
    ultraman1 5:20
    Aimman
    Redtop
    Canine Marathoner PB 5.21.XX, Target 5.10.XX
    BrokenMan
    guysmiley (between 6:00 and 6:30)
    cookie77
    ArtieFufkin 4:45 to 5:00
    Outside PB:5:18 Target:4:45

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭cailineile

Update, absolutley gutted but now injured and have to pull out .... disgusted actually.....Plantar Faccitis.... or however you spell it..

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭echancrure

cailineile wrote: »
    Update, absolutley gutted but now injured and have to pull out .... disgusted actually.....Plantar Faccitis.... or however you spell it..

It's in 4 and half weeks, maybe you can recover... just a long taper :o

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭quinlivan

Sorry to hear it cailineile :( Hope you are ok

Does anyone know how to buy spectator tickets for the buses? (it's my first so I have some of these).

The functionality of the web does not work for me (or I don't know how to use it) http://www.connemarathon.com/spectator-ticket-adult

I have twitted and emailed the organisers but got no response so far...

many thanks,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭FBOT01

Bummer. I hope you make a full and quick recovery. Keep the Faith!!

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭roro2

echancrure wrote: »
    Does anyone know how to buy spectator tickets for the buses? (it's my first so I have some of these).

The functionality of the web does not work for me (or I don't know how to use it) http://www.connemarathon.com/spectator-ticket-adult

I have twitted and emailed the organisers but got no response so far...

many thanks,

From what I can remember, this function is only available closer to the time. I think you need your race number which hasn't been sent yet, and the tickets are in your race pack when you collect it.

No need to worry yet - I'll be getting some of these tickets too.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Bladeserver

Hi all,

This post is mainly for the Connemarathon newbies and Marathon newbies like myself.

I did 19.5 miles of the course yesterday as part of the "west of Ireland" marathon series and wanted to put up a couple of points I took from it. I did 19.5 as it's part of my training program which I am following pretty well so I didn't want to push myself any further.

- I found the course nice up until Lenane (where the half marathoners start), the conditions weather wise were abysmal and the winds were terrible! Get some hills in and prepare for some of the climbs after that.

- I genuinely thought the course would be tougher as people kept saying to me it would be

- The last hill is as bad as everybody says

- First timers, it's going to be a great day

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭jonny99

Hi all,

This post is mainly for the Connemarathon newbies and Marathon newbies like myself.

I did 19.5 miles of the course yesterday as part of the "west of Ireland" marathon series and wanted to put up a couple of points I took from it. I did 19.5 as it's part of my training program which I am following pretty well so I didn't want to push myself any further.

- I found the course nice up until Lenane (where the half marathoners start), the conditions weather wise were abysmal and the winds were terrible! Get some hills in and prepare for some of the climbs after that.

- I genuinely thought the course would be tougher as people kept saying to me it would be

- The last hill is as bad as everybody says

- First timers, it's going to be a great day

Ive been to connemara many times, and I dont think that conditions have ever been as difficult as yesterday, so if you managed that, youll fly it on the day..

3 weeks tomorrow... Jaysis!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Esroh

Can anyone tell me can I drive runners to the startof the half in Leenane. I have visitors staying with me in the Ballinrobe and it makes it a very early start if I have to drive around the Corrib to Oughterard for a bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭doctorchick

Esroh wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me can I drive runners to the startof the half in Leenane. I have visitors staying with me in the Ballinrobe and it makes it a very early start if I have to drive around the Corrib to Oughterard for a bus.

Can get buses from Cathedral car park in Galway rather than go to Oughterard. Absolutely no parking in Leenane for HM start.

DC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Esroh

Can get buses from Cathedral car park in Galway rather than go to Oughterard. Absolutely no parking in Leenane for HM start.

DC

Can I drop the guys off in leenane and drive back to maam .Have a place to leave the car on the Cornamona side well off the route.Was going to cycle back to the bridge to take pics.

I would drop them a line on twitter or e-mail they are usually pretty efficient with the replies!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Benny Bulben

Half:
    Skittles8710 No PB first Half, Target 1:59:59
    Tigerandahalf No PB First Half Target 1.45 - 1.50
    Registeredmice NOPB cos first, Target 1:50
    ultraman1's da

Full:
    Jet Black
    echancrure NOPB cos first, Target 3:25
    FBOT01 03:20
    cailineile
    ger664(if i survive Seville)
    NameThatTune 3:59 first time
    Bladeserver NOPB First time, Target 4:00
    PDCAT
    Martyboy48
    quinlivan
    theboyblunder

Ultra:
    Ferris B 5:29
    opus
    Cabaal 5:39
    TFBubendorfer PB 4:53:34, Target 4:53:33
    ultraman1 5:20
    Aimman
    Redtop
    Canine Marathoner PB 5.21.XX, Target 5.10.XX
    BrokenMan
    guysmiley (between 6:00 and 6:30)
    cookie77
    ArtieFufkin 4:45 to 5:00
    Outside PB:5:18 Target:4:45
    Benny Bulben 6:15

Only getting around to adding myself in to the table, it'll be my first time doing the Ultra distance. I ran in Donadea a few weeks ago, things went a bit pear shaped over the last 2 laps and I started having doubts about tackling Conn. But training has gone well over the last few weeks and I'm now looking forward to it. Roll on the post race pints!

How is everyone feeling now we are less than 2 weeks out. Can't believe the lack of hype

It's quiet in here alright!

I am really looking forward to it now! I am starting my tapper two weeks this week now. I hope I will be ready for it! Quiet nervous to say the least as it's my first Marathon.

I am praying to the might God's of weather that the wind get's lost and it doesn't rain.

quinlivan wrote: »
    How is everyone feeling now we are less than 2 weeks out. Can't believe the lack of hype

Hi quinlivan,

Unfortunately, I have been too busy nursing a dodgy hamstring for the last couple of weeks to be counting the days.........but it is moving in the right direction so after my scheduled massage on Wednesday I hope to be looking forward to the weekend in the west......not sure yet how I am feeling about actually doing a marathon while I am there:)

I hope you are in prime shape and ready for the off. I don't see a target time beside your name. Have you set one yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Ferris B

Plenty of hype going on in my head. Doing my best to remain calm though and trying to keep the phantom niggles at bay.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Tapering since last week but still did Mallow 10 milers yesterday, taking it easy between now and the Ultra,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭ArtieFufkin

Did a solo marathon as an lsr on Friday there, so now I'm well prepared for the ultra. Bring it on!

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭RegisteredMice

Dreading it!
    Out sick for the last two weeks with chest infection and prior to that i was injured for 4.
    So in 13 days ... I'll be there by hook or by crook - but got me a feeling its going to be a nightmare!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

Raced a 10 miler 2 weeks ago, a marathon last week and a 5k yesterday.
    There is a duathlon on next Saturday but I think I'd better taper ... shame :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

Starting to get the buzz now. 2 week taper started today, and all that's left is to settle on what to wear..
    Is it time for our weather enthusiasts to start posting predictions??? :D

There is a duathlon on next Saturday but I think I'd better taper ... shame :rolleyes:

Sure go for it. I have heard that this taper thing is over rated anyway.....let us know how you get on;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,008 ✭✭✭opus

Something similar for me, Ballycotton 10, Tralee marathon & Mallow 10 over the last three weekends. Stewarding at a local event this Sunday but think there's a 20 mile run on the plan for the afternoon.

Did a last 20 miles last Thursday in suitable wet and windy weather.
    Tapering since: trying to settle in marathon race pace mode and looking after myself generally.

Bring it on!

I ran my last LSR Paddys Weekend of 20miles and have been crap since. Work has been mental and I think I've mentally checked out of training. I have only been out once since Paddys Day...

Someone needs to give me a swift kick

:mad::mad::mad:
    :eek::eek::eek:
    GET OUT THERE TODAY
    :cool::cool::cool:

:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bahanaman

echancrure wrote: »
    Did a last 20 miles last Thursday in suitable wet and windy weather.
    Tapering since: trying to settle in marathon race pace mode and looking after myself generally.

Bring it on!

Hon Carla!!:D

Advertisement