Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connemara Half, Full and Ultra 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭BrokenMan

I'm doing the half on Sunday. What bag or stuff can we take with us on the bus and are we able to leave it with someone at a safe place to be collected at the finish line?
    I think it would be handy to have a towel and a change of clothes for the return journey in the bus.
    Is there anything else one should have?

You will get a bag when you pick up your number. Put whatever you need in that and it will be transported from the start to the finish for you. The bags are stored outside at the finish though so maybe put your clothes in a bag inside a bag to keep them dry. Bring something you can wear at the start to keep warm that you don't mind throwing away.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭FBOT01

Good to all running tomorrow. Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Bladeserver

Anybody have the lowdown on the weather situation???

• Registered Users Posts: 19,525 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Anybody have the lowdown on the weather situation???

Cool. Intermittent showers. Moderate WSW winds (5-8m/s).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭zico10

Cool. Intermittent showers. Moderate WSW winds (5-8m/s).

Is that good or bad?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,525 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

It means you'll have a slight tail wind for the first 10 miles, a stronger tail wind for the next three miles and a moderate cross wind (slight head wind) for the final thirteen miles. Certainly points towards a positive split for the marathon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭zico10

It means you'll have a slight tail wind for the first 10 miles, a stronger tail wind for the next three miles and a moderate cross wind (slight head wind) for the final thirteen miles. Certainly points towards a positive split for the marathon.

Giddy up!

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭KABLOOEY

Will the bags be kept sheltered or outside? Just wondering should I bring phone or is there risk of water damage. Doing the marathon having never run more than 20km :/ Eating as many carbs as I can today and bringing 3 gels so hoping energy and adrenaline overcome physical limitations.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

ultraman1 wrote: »
    I tink I got 39.8 last year on garmin

That was you running into all the pubs in Leenane.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭NameThatTune

Hey all whats the tiny white bag they gave out in elverys? No way my rucksack will fit in that, anyone else having the same problem?

• Advertisement

Do they enforce the ban on music devices? Wasn't going to bring one but heard there's little to no crowd support until the very end.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Kander

Hey all whats the tiny white bag they gave out in elverys? No way my rucksack will fit in that, anyone else having the same problem?

That's the bad you put your stuff into that will be carried from the start line to the finish for you. Pack well :D

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭NameThatTune

Yea it's very small, hardly big enough for a jumper! Thought my rucksack would be taken to the finish line for me as part of the service, haveto try and make alternative arrangements now, it's crap considering 75 Euro fee!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ger664

KABLOOEY wrote: »
    Do they enforce the ban on music devices? Wasn't going to bring one but heard there's little to no crowd support until the very end.

You are going to run one if not the most spectacular marathon courses in this country and you want to spend the day listening to music :eek:

ger664 wrote: »
    You are going to run one if not the most spectacular marathon courses in this country and you want to spend the day listening to music :eek:

I don't see with my ears last time I checked

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ger664

I don't see with my ears last time I checked

But you wont see its sound. Silence.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

I should really sort out what I'm gonna wear tomorrow!!!!! Getting all jitterish now.... Can't wait...

Good luck everyone :)

ger664 wrote: »
    But you wont see its sound. Silence.

This is true. I'll leave the phone behind. Good luck to all out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭eliwallach

. Doing the marathon having never run more than 20km :/ Eating as many carbs as I can today and bringing 3 gels so hoping energy and adrenaline overcome physical limitations.

Best of luck with that. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

Any live tracking for this??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

yaboya1 wrote: »
    Any live tracking for this??

They got televisions and fridges out that way a couple of years ago. Give em a chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Itziger wrote: »
    They got televisions and fridges out that way a couple of years ago. Give em a chance.

Rumour is TheBitterLemon has been recruited as a runner to the local telegraph office for them with updates. Guess he must have been on the lash in Macau or Monaco (or one of his other secret agent hang outs) last night so might account for a lag on the "tracker" :P

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭ArtieFufkin

That was fun. How did everyone do?

I was making great time but tore my left quad at around 26 miles which slowed me more than expected for the last third. According to my garmin I finished in 4 hrs 51 mins. Very happy with that!

Well done Artie.
    Any news on the other boardsies??

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭ArtieFufkin

Well done Artie.
    Any news on the other boardsies??

The thing is, I don't know what any if them look like! I have a feeling I was rubbing shoulders with a few of them, but who knows.

I finished full in 3:16:xx while Ferris B got through the Ultra in 5:32:xx....just enjoying Leinster game and dirty pints in clifden now. Harsh day out there.

Well done to all who got through it and in particular to the organisers and volunteers...I'd say they were colder than we were at times.

Reports will follow.

Well done to the both of you.
    3:16 is well under your target for this one so sounds like you cruised it quite comfortably.
    Enjoy the pints ;)

Well done to the both of you.
    3:16 is well under your target for this one so sounds like you cruised it quite comfortably.
    Enjoy the pints ;)

Cheers. I am not sure cruised is the right word:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

Came in around the 3:33 mark. Happy with that given that I found conditions tough in second half. Calfs very sore now. I hear pother cures that.....
    Well done to all who volunteered/organised/supported and participated...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭PVincent

The Boy Blunder , had a great day to finish in 2.52.30 ish for a top ten placing . Well done S

Advertisement