Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best pastries in Dublin

Options
  • 16-11-2013 3:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭

Can't beat a morning pastry. Where is the nicest one to be had though?

My money is on Marks and Spencer, IFSC. Usually I get a pain au chocolait from Lidl, Tesco or even the Paris Bakery...but Marks and Sparks get extra marks for fresh buttery flakiness.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Green Door bakery in Stoneybatter does quality stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

The bakery on Grand Canal Square is awesome. Think its called il Valentino

Edit: Heres the link:

http://www.ilvalentino.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Mr Simpson wrote: »
    The bakery on Grand Canal Square is awesome. Think its called il Valentino

Edit: Heres the link:

http://www.ilvalentino.ie

Their good alright. Theyve opened a small concession in higgins butchers in sutton aswell now

neris wrote: »
    Their good alright. Theyve opened a small concession in higgins butchers in sutton aswell now

ooooh, I did not know that, that's much much closer to my house!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭xXxkorixXx

I love the earl bakery on earl street north

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

I'm a Paris Bakery fan! Lovely chocolate twists.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭ScottSF

KC Peaches and the popular with tourists Queen of Tarts are excellent choices in city centre. You can also try Voila and Lolly & Cook which are near each other. Rolys in Ballsbridge too. As for Il Valentino, personally I've been disappointed more often than wowed by them.

Pang wrote: »
    I'm a Paris Bakery fan! Lovely chocolate twists.

Paris Bakery supply Pitt Bros, lovely breads

• Registered Users Posts: 33 ivorsflutter

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Green Door bakery in Stoneybatter does quality stuff.

As far as I know there stuff is Hansel and Gretel's, it's good stuff all the same, have to say wasn't too impressed by Il Valentino, Paris bakery is good but pricey. Is there anywhere northside??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Panem on the Quays, just at the Millenium bridge. A warm chocolate brioche I would cheerfully punch someone in the face for.

Also like the croissants at Le Petit Parisien (Dame St) & Sacha House Petite (Drury St) and Hansel & Gretel (Clare St)

• Advertisement

Choc brioche sounds good, do they make them themselves, only had tarts from Le Petit Parisien which were pretty tasty. Great to see a few independents making some scratch stuff, plenty of rubbish still around all the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Yes, they bake everything from scratch there. While you're picking up pastries you can see them rolling the dough for their pizza/savoury pastry things. It really is unholy good

sold I'll have to swing by sometime, cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

As far as I know there stuff is Hansel and Gretel's, it's good stuff all the same

I thought their stuff came from a bakery in the Spade Enterprise Centre down the road? Could be wrong though - I've never asked them.

No they don't bake bread or croissants and some of their sweet stuff always came from another bakery, ask them next time your in, only ever pass now and again but always stop for fresh bread. Think they make cakes alright around the corner.Got a decent sandwich there before too, also got a croque monseiur which was sickening.

Advertisement