Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

yogurt marinade - a little gritty/bitter... help please

• 16-11-2013 3:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭

I am using a yougurt based marinade to make tandoori chicken skewers as a starter and the last time I made them, the yougurt was a little gritty on the chicken. Im thinking I need to shake off more of the marinade before cooking or perhaps the last time the chicken was packed a little too tightly onto skewers for kebabs and it didnt get the heat. Anyone come across this before or any suggestions? Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Hmm, are you blending in well enough the powder and the yoghurt? Also are you adding olive oil to the marinade? A tablespoon will make all the difference and it coats the chicken nicely too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭oakshade

Merkin wrote: »
    Hmm, are you blending in well enough the powder and the yoghurt? Also are you adding olive oil to the marinade? A tablespoon will make all the difference and it coats the chicken nicely too.

Yes id think I blend it well enough. I tried the oil, I will let you know after dinner tomorrow ;) if it worked.

I also add lemon juice so if you don't do that already it helps the flavour!

Merkin wrote: »
    I also add lemon juice so if you don't do that already it helps the flavour!

This worked well, thank you. They were fantastic.

Great, delighted you enjoyed! Tandoori chicken is one of my favourite dinners!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

What was the recipe?
    Do you grill them or oven cook them?
    I want tandoori chicken now :(

What was the recipe?

Happy to share, I will post it tonight.

The recipe is for marinated chicken thighs which are then oven baked but over the summer I have been making chicken kebabs out of it and BBQ’ing them. Last Sunday I just grilled them on a very hot George Foreman – they were perfect thanks to the improvements suggested here.

What was the recipe?

It's so simple. You just need to marinade chicken pieces (thigh with the skin on works really well) in a blend of tandoori powder, pinch of sea salt, natural yogurt, lemon juice and a tablespoon or two of olive oil for a few hours or overnight. Then simply roast in an oven on 180 degrees for about 45 mins or thereabouts. You can make a batch of your own tandoori powder (and it is very much down to personal taste, there is no definitive recipe so it depends on your taste) or the Tesco one is surprisingly good (http://www.tesco.com/groceries/Product/Details/?id=255770181). I usually serve them with Bombay potatoes (I've a great recipe for this if you need one) and I always make cucumber raita as well.

You've now made me want to go and have tandoori as soon as possible! :D

Advertisement