Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unknown Software..

Options
  • 16-11-2013 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, I've been watching this guys videos for a while but i've no idea what software he is using, I've tried searching for it but i've had no luck.....

Any ideas what it is??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,407 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

You don't need to know what Khan uses.

Just know that he uses it.

:)

But a quick googly moogly returned that it is Smoothdraw - freeware

http://www.smoothdraw.com/

You could achieve similar results probably from similar video capture + windows journal or OneNote

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭BittaTrig

I downloaded it but I'm having this error when I try running it?? Any ideas?

inZuMkA.jpg

CHeers btw :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Jonny Blaze

Try right clicking and run as administrator. Sometimes solves these weird little windows things!

Also, did you download a 64bit version by any chance?

Try right clicking and run as administrator. Sometimes solves these weird little windows things!

Also, did you download a 64bit version by any chance?

It doesn't give you an option to downlaod it for 64-bit, My laptop is 64-bit though so :(

BittaTrig wrote: »
    It doesn't give you an option to downlaod it for 64-bit, My laptop is 64-bit though so :(

Then try right clicking and go to properties, then in compatibility click the boxes run as administrator and run in compatibility mode for Windows XP, Vista or Windows 7..

Might work!

• Advertisement

Still doesn't work, Ah sure it's grand cheers anyways lads, Sound!

Sorry man! What is it you need it for exactly?

Another option is just to download Gimp or something and set the background to black..

Sorry man! What is it you need it for exactly?

Another option is just to download Gimp or something and set the background to black..

It'd just be handy for taking notes for matrix algebra is all :D

Oh cool your doing matrices? I have some notes I could send you if you like?

Also, he uses a graphics tablet which makes him able to write like that on screen. If you tried doing it with a mouse it's near impossible!

They're mad handy though. Anyway pm me with your email if you want the notes! ;)

EDIT: Ok scratch that I can't find them at the minute!

Oh cool your doing matrices? I have some notes I could send you if you like?

Also, he uses a graphics tablet which makes him able to write like that on screen. If you tried doing it with a mouse it's near impossible!

They're mad handy though. Anyway pm me with your email if you want the notes! ;)

EDIT: Ok scratch that I can't find them at the minute!

You're grand mate! I've loads of good notes, It's just for in class leture notes etc :)

• Advertisement

You're grand mate! I've loads of good notes, It's just for in class leture notes etc :)

Fair enough!

You should check out one of these so!

You could use MS paint for notes then!

• Registered Users Posts: 82,407 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

It'd just be handy for taking notes for matrix algebra is all :D

My preferred software for all note taking.

The basic version of OneNote is free as an App from the Windows Store

MS Paint, too basic and doesn't index into your search directory; plus the save files will be too large since you're saving complete raster information, not vectors. If you do OneNote or hell even Windows Journal (built into Windows 7 and 8, launch it from start by typing journal) you'll be better off but the Journal files aren't altogether the best thing for meta-organization. OneNote allows you to take handwritten notes, and perform math functions, and include other text, hyperlinks, and even embed video or audio in the note files, and each note/page entry becomes part of it's own book/binder. Anything you handwrite is added to character recognition and becomes part of the windows search index in case you need to find it later.

I know a couple people who use the Bamboo tablet on a standard laptop for this. I bought a surface pro to accomplish the same and I highly advocate it.

Advertisement