Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband options in Mount Oval (Rochestown)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 PKW

Hi All,

Just to add to the frustration. I've just been on the phone to Eircom Sales regarding Mount Oval roll out. They are now saying it is unlikely to commence before June! Complete joke!!! I'm currently getting 2.5mbs.

Don't suppose anybody else has heard anything different?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 feenabop

June ?? really, ffs typical - wish there was an alternative

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Gummybear2013

I just changed from the network 3 modem was paying 21.99 a month for 15gb and it was crap network signal bad and everything kept freezing alot and loosing connection. I got the vodafone home and phone broadband we have a phone line but no phone and you dont need to have this which good they didnt charge me anything extra either. Anyway its a small little box if go 18month contract or 24 month the set up free and box. Unlimited usage speed 70mp very fast in my area and i living in student accommodation. Best check what it is like for where your living first. There fair usage policy says 300gb but if you go over this they dont charge you or anything just ring up seeing what made you go over so much which be very rare to do told me normally viruses that make it go over that amount. Hope helps, its the best thing we ever got and very fast :)

Hi Gummybear,

Thanks for the input.
    Long story!! I am actually on same tariff as you, also with Vodafone but am only getting 2.5mbs. efibre is not yet available in the area (Mount Oval). Although all surrounding areas in all directions are enabled. This was due to a dispute between provider and developer. Dispute is resolved - but roll out keeps being pushed out. Every month we are told roll out is "next month". I lost patience a long time ago - but there is no viable alternative. Apparently the recent bad weather delayed roll out. But there is always something!!!

Very frustrating

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Gummybear2013

Hi,

Oh sorry about that didnt know already had that seems very frustrating for you i bet i be going crazy nothing worse having slow internet or none. Hopefully can get something with decent speed are you far out or in town area?

PKW wrote: »
    Hi Gummybear,

Thanks for the input.
    Long story!! I am actually on same tariff as you, also with Vodafone but am only getting 2.5mbs. efibre is not yet available in the area (Mount Oval). Although all surrounding areas in all directions are enabled. This was due to a dispute between provider and developer. Dispute is resolved - but roll out keeps being pushed out. Every month we are told roll out is "next month". I lost patience a long time ago - but there is no viable alternative. Apparently the recent bad weather delayed roll out. But there is always something!!!

Very frustrating

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Dubba

I saw a fella working on a cab near Clonlea last weekend, hopefully the roll-out will be soon.

@ Gummybear2013 - Mount Oval is a big estate, just outside of Douglas, around 1k houses I think.
    The surrounding area already has fiber hooked up afaik, we've been waiting for a long time!

@ PKW - I've Sky broadband and get consistent 5Mbps for €40 and can stream Netflix HD no problem at all.
    Actually I'm not even sure if I really need fiber, haha.
    Only one person using my broadband tho. so 5Mbps mightn't be adequate for others.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Just spotted this evening another efibre Cab(well I am assuming) being installed in Clarkes Wood, next to the site office behind the marketing suite. I was getting worried that I mightn't be getting efibre since they didn't do this the first time around last year.

We might get there some time.....:rolleyes:

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Neighboursfreak

Yes, thats the cab I was talking about in the last page. At least they are now doing that one. It seems to be the last piece of the jigsaw. Maybe once this is up and running... I'm so sick of waiting for fibre BB. Think I'll sign up to Vodafone when it comes, as it seems a lot cheaper than Eircom. Never thought I'd do that again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 jimmyboy2013

I rang Eircom today and they advised me that three cabinets in mount oval village are already fibre ready. The delay now is with ESB providing power to the cabinets. I was told that it should be complete in the next three weeks. If no luck then I will ring again. My advise here to anyone living in mount oval is to keep ringing them if we get nothing in three weeks time.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 johnyhealy

Was just on to Eircom today as I'm moving to Clonlea next month. Was cancelling eircom as speeds are too slow and was told that clonlea will be getting efibre on 14th/15th of May. It's eircom and I was trying to switch but sounds vaguely promising!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 sluggerb

hi guys,

just on to eircom too and got the same date for efibre going live. 14th may

I've been onto Vodafone today - who are just reselling the Eircom line.

They provided the same go-live date of 14th May. They seem to be on the same page!! All looks good to go at long last!!

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭moyners

It's now possible to order the efibre on the eircom website with May 14 being given as the activation date

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

I'm in Clarke's Wood and I think we are a few months behind the rest of ye as they didn't install the new Cab:( until only a few week ago. Checking the eircom site it didnt give me any date and was only saying that 24mb was the fastest I could get....the wait continues

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

Anyone get an installation done yet ? I signed up online a week ago and haven't gotten a call back yet ;( is tomorrow still the go live date ?

I signed up week before last and it said that the installation would be done after the 14th. Haven't had any contact back yet though apart from the confirmation email on the order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Busy day tomorrow for the engineeers/technicians then. Vodafone told me that I would be set up May 14th for definite. I assume that will not happen and there is a long list to get through.

Just called eircom to follow up on my order, they have no record of it even though I have an email confirmation that I had ordered. I need to call them this evening to give them all my details again

So if you ordered online I'd advise to give them a call to ensure it is actually in their system

I just did the same as I had to call them about my bill. Despite talking to them last month and ordering it all, Vodafone had no record of my order and I have to re-order tomorrow when fibre becomes available in the area. It will take 3 working days to receive the new modem and up to 15 working days for activation.

Tried the order online again this morning and I was able to select an installation date of 21-05, rang them to double check and it did go through this time. So if anyone didn't get confirmation from an online order - try it again

• Advertisement

Installation date May 19th at the infuriating time of "between 9.30 and 12.30".

• Registered Users Posts: 8 zezo

This is really frustrating, Eircom is on the same promise to delivery eFibre in my house since June last year and so far nothing!!!!

We have 4 cabs in Mount Oval but looks like only 2 of them were enabled today, Wrenbank and Dewberry. I wonder how is this possible?!?! The other 2 cabs in Rowan Hill and the one by the old site manager office have no official dates yet as per info at eircomwholesale DOT ie ...

Any of you guys are going to be served by the last two cabs, and have you called Eircom this week for news?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Dannyboy83

gimmick wrote: »
    I just did the same as I had to call them about my bill. Despite talking to them last month and ordering it all, Vodafone had no record of my order and I have to re-order tomorrow when fibre becomes available in the area. It will take 3 working days to receive the new modem and up to 15 working days for activation.

I have Vodafone in Carrigaline, we have those E-Fibre cabinets in the estate.

It took 2 days from order to receive the modem and it took 4 days from order to get it activated.
    From order to fully functioning, it was all within the same week.
    The service is excellent imo.

Massive improvement compared to just several years ago.

Well, anyone up and running yet ? what's the verdict ?

Dannyboy83 wrote: »
    I have Vodafone in Carrigaline, we have those E-Fibre cabinets in the estate.

It took 2 days from order to receive the modem and it took 4 days from order to get it activated.
    From order to fully functioning, it was all within the same week.
    The service is excellent imo.

Massive improvement compared to just several years ago.

I received my modem earlier and the engineer is out on Monday to connect, so no complaints there from me anymore.

Took a look on speedtest last night, I am getting 3.21mbps down and 0.31up.

I look forward to the improvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Isn't there any UPC broadband in Mount Oval?

Ludo wrote: »
    Isn't there any UPC broadband in Mount Oval?

UPC aren't in mt oval so that's not an option

zezo wrote: »
    This is really frustrating, Eircom is on the same promise to delivery eFibre in my house since June last year and so far nothing!!!!

We have 4 cabs in Mount Oval but looks like only 2 of them were enabled today, Wrenbank and Dewberry. I wonder how is this possible?!?! The other 2 cabs in Rowan Hill and the one by the old site manager office have no official dates yet as per info at eircomwholesale DOT ie ...

Any of you guys are going to be served by the last two cabs, and have you called Eircom this week for news?

I'm in Kilbrody and just got an email saying they'll install the upgrade on "22 May AM". Very vague timing but I don't really expect much more from Eircom

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

In fairness no company is ever gonna say anything other than morning going or afternoon. They all do that and with good reason so no point criticizing Eircom over it.

As an aside, no Fibre where I am on coach Hill and no sign of it ever arriving so I got upc in last week. 3meg with Eircom up to 120meg with upc. Happy.

Sorry :-)

• Advertisement

Installed earlier. 50 down 20 up. Excellent.

Advertisement