Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband options in Mount Oval (Rochestown)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Dubba

gimmick wrote: »
    Installed earlier. 50 down 20 up. Excellent.

Hi gimmick, do you mind telling me what area you're in? I'm looking to see if Clonlea is live.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Shanakiel

Edit. Just realised this thread wasn't a general one but one about Maryboro. Sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Dubba

Cool, cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭moyners

eFibre just installed around 38 down and 15 up so much much better than it was. Very quick and easy install.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 feenabop

Got mine installed last wed, only took half an hour - not entirely sure of speeds yet as i'm using those plugs that go through the internal wiring until I get a cable directly from the front door to my PC. The plugs top out at 20 MBs, but I was watching the engineer while he was testing and I saw 32 MB down and over 20 up, I asked was that as fast as I could get and I got some bull about the ipad he was using for test wouldn't go above 40 but he said I was on a 60 MB down (dunno how he deduced that)

Even at 20 MB its a huge difference, played CS:GO for about 15 hours since wed, not a single drop and ping is excellent, would have dropped connection at least 10 - 15 times in that space of time before the upgrade

• Advertisement

feenabop wrote: »
    Got mine installed last wed, only took half an hour - not entirely sure of speeds yet as i'm using those plugs that go through the internal wiring until I get a cable directly from the front door to my PC. The plugs top out at 20 MBs, but I was watching the engineer while he was testing and I saw 32 MB down and over 20 up, I asked was that as fast as I could get and I got some bull about the ipad he was using for test wouldn't go above 40 but he said I was on a 60 MB down (dunno how he deduced that)

Even at 20 MB its a huge difference, played CS:GO for about 15 hours since wed, not a single drop and ping is excellent, would have dropped connection at least 10 - 15 times in that space of time before the upgrade

I was getting similar results from the technician with his iPad but tested it again later with my computer linked directly to the router with a network cable and was getting speeds of around 54 down so maybe there is something to what he was saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Neighboursfreak

Still waiting here in Rowan Hill for availability of efibre. Why on earth is it taking so long?
    I rang Eircom as well as regularly doing the online check, but they say they can't give me any aproximate date of when it will be available here.
    I guess it's to do with the sheer volume of homes in the estate?
    Has anyone else been set up since? How are ye finding the speeds so far?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

No Joy in Clarke's wood yet, unreal:mad:I am sick of waiting

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Deer

Am in Ardkeale. Is a lot faster then what we had but not as fast as expected. We are currently getting 20 down and 12 up. Not going to complain though - at least it's not constantly dropping anymore!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Neighboursfreak

Deer wrote: »
    Am in Ardkeale. Is a lot faster then what we had but not as fast as expected. We are currently getting 20 down and 12 up. Not going to complain though - at least it's not constantly dropping anymore!

Is 20 down what eircom told you that you could expect? That seems very low. How far is your nearest box?
    Still no sign of availability in Rowan Hill, this is so frustrating

• Advertisement

for any of you guys in Clarkes Wood (the cab next to the site office), I took down the cab number and sent a message to eircom here on boards and the reply I got was that they still haven't decided on an activation date for this cab and that wont be decided until Mid September:confused: and I suppose after that it could be another 6-8 weeks so maybe we might have it before christmas... :mad: arhhhhhhhhh

ECO_Mental wrote: »
    for any of you guys in Clarkes Wood (the cab next to the site office), I took down the cab number and sent a message to eircom here on boards and the reply I got was that they still haven't decided on an activation date for this cab and that wont be decided until Mid September:confused: and I suppose after that it could be another 6-8 weeks so maybe we might have it before christmas... :mad: arhhhhhhhhh

That's bad news. Very odd that they didn't do it all in one go!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 zezo

Was just able to sign up online, but got an email from eircom saying that cabinet activation will be only on 03/09.

sad waiting time...

Just ordered mine at long last.... and as the previous post said live on the 3rd so might have it this week I am sick of 4/5mb BB

Just ordered mine at long last.... and as the previous post said live on the 3rd so might have it this week I am sick of 4/5mb BB

If you ordered online and have not received an order number on the confirmation email like happened with me, you may want place a new order...

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Xantia

OP Try to get Nova Networks broadband, should be available in your area

installation was scheduled for tomorrow, this morning got a call from Eircom saying they found a problem in the cabinet by the site office so installation was cancelled until problem is fixed, apparently only God knows when that will happen.. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

zezo wrote: »
    installation was scheduled for tomorrow, this morning got a call from Eircom saying they found a problem in the cabinet by the site office so installation was cancelled until problem is fixed, apparently only God knows when that will happen.. :/

I think in this instance, even God, does not know. :eek:

brilliant...I am scheduled for install next Monday, I will freak out if I am delayed again:mad:

brilliant...I am scheduled for install next Monday, I will freak out if I am delayed again:mad:

Well the freak out happened:mad::mad::mad:

My scheduled visit was between 09:30 and 12:30 yesterday and I waited until 13:15 to call Vodafone and I couldn't believe what they said to me.

"Hold on a minute I will check with Eircom, 5 mins later oh yeah that was canceled sorry about that......" and no one considered calling me and letting me know it was canceled and there is no need to take a half a day off work:mad::mad:

I am so mad at the moment, scheduled another appointment for next week. Apparently the CAB need upgrading to accommodate the extra users. I think the whole world is against me in trying not to give me decent BB

• Advertisement

Well the freak out happened:mad::mad::mad:

My scheduled visit was between 09:30 and 12:30 yesterday and I waited until 13:15 to call Vodafone and I couldn't believe what they said to me.

"Hold on a minute I will check with Eircom, 5 mins later oh yeah that was canceled sorry about that......" and no one considered calling me and letting me know it was canceled and there is no need to take a half a day off work:mad::mad:

I am so mad at the moment, scheduled another appointment for next week. Apparently the CAB need upgrading to accommodate the extra users. I think the whole world is against me in trying not to give me decent BB

Same here, on Monday I literally freaked out on the phone with Eircom.

After having to place 3 orders, having an appointment for installation then they decide to cancel it. countless calls and hours on the phone with Eircom, in every call the person never had any information, still wondering if they actually have a CRM system.

I even had they telling me my account does not exist... I said mmmmmkay probably I'm calling from the payphone installed in my living room, just because looks nice there in the corner ¬¬

I've lived in 4 different countries and by far Eircom has the worse customer support I ever experienced...

.. and yes, another day off wasted next week because they just don't care.

Well new appointment was for yesterday, and nobody showed up.. I just gave up....

Well my fella eventually turned up last week at last, and installed it even though he was supposed to arrive in the morning he called last thing and did ring me the day before. Anyway I am there now and heres what I am getting this is the best so far usually around the 35mb down, its been a long time coming with major angst and angry emails and phone calls.:rolleyes:

3796196262.png

the dude showed up this Week here as well.

can't post images or links here for some reason... but I'm getting an average of 92Mb/s down by 19Mb/s up.

speedtest.net/my-result/3805366603

the dude showed up this Week here as well.

can't post images or links here for some reason... but I'm getting an average of 92Mb/s down by 19Mb/s up.

speedtest.net/my-result/3805366603

:eek: 92mb down, jaysus the CAB must be in front garden.... I was happy with high forties but now you are making me jealous :(

:eek: 92mb down, jaysus the CAB must be in front garden.... I was happy with high forties but now you are making me jealous :(

Before I had a very stable 7Mb/s link, I guess electricians were inspired when they did the cabling in the houses around here... I work myself with network support and I tell you.. good cabling = health link = high throughput..

Check for errors in your modem, I found this new Modem fairly good and with loads of cool features.

If you're using wifi maybe the computer/laptop is getting a poor signal... if you're on cable call Vodafone and ask them to do a fine tuning in your line, some times that helps as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭Newtown90

Still between 3 and 5Mb in Rowan Hill on Vodafone... majorly jealous of those high speeds...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

Well my fella eventually turned up last week at last, and installed it even though he was supposed to arrive in the morning he called last thing and did ring me the day before. Anyway I am there now and heres what I am getting this is the best so far usually around the 35mb down, its been a long time coming with major angst and angry emails and phone calls.:rolleyes:

3796196262.png

Getting very similar speeds to this via Eircom, fantastic

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭deisedude

I'm in Ard Keale and looking for an Internet provider that does 12 month contracts. Don't fancy paying a big cancellation fee on an 18 month or 24 month contract.

Have tried Magnet and they are the most useless shower i've ever had the misfortune to deal with

Any recommendations?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭wonka

have sky fibre broadband myself - and no issues... getting download of 20MB on average. in Ardkeale also - and i think they have it reduced for 12 months which is their minimum contract.

Advertisement