Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bord Gais Theatre Seating Help

Options
  • 16-11-2013 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Anyone sat in the centre of row T in the stalls of the bord gais, what is the view like, is it obstructed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Bodhran

There are no obstructions in the BGE Theatre. However, the boxes to left and right of the stage will give a side-on view of the stage. Middle of row T will be excellent.

http://bordgaisenergytheatre.ie/images/downloads/New_Seating_Plan_BGET.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭top madra

Rather than start a new thread...

I want to bring my 7yr old to Wicked but the only seats left for my dates are the upper circle, will these be ok or will it be hard to see?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

Upper circle has quite a good view. I'm there myself when I go to wicked. Watched the lion king from there also.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 student92

Found this website that gives you an idea of view from each area in theatre, view seems very good

http://www.destinationdublin.com/bord-gais-energy-theatre-seat-views/

Which do ye think would be better for a child to see, second row in the upper circle or row x on the side stalls?

Thanks.

• Advertisement

For wicked id say 2nd row upper circle, row x of stalls you miss top of the stage and in wicked some really good bits happen up high such as the dragon at the start of the show and all the flying. so id say upper circle :)

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭cyberspi

Bodhran wrote: »
    There are no obstructions in the BGE Theatre. However, the boxes to left and right of the stage will give a side-on view of the stage. Middle of row T will be excellent.

http://bordgaisenergytheatre.ie/images/downloads/New_Seating_Plan_BGET.pdf

Has anyone here sat in the boxes? particularly E/F. I am tempted to bring my 5 yr old to Wicked, I know its not recommended for under 7s but my justification is she knows all the songs off, has watched most of it on youtube etc so knows what to expect. I'm just slightly hesitant that she might get a little fidgety so these boxes seemed ideal with just the 2 seats - no disturbing our neighbors if she wants to sit on her legs etc… but would the view here do or is it really bad? I've never been to the Bord Gais Theatre so don't know what to expect… Also, do the actors do the whole stage door thing in Dublin?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

cyberspi wrote: »
    Also, do the actors do the whole stage door thing in Dublin?

I was at Wicked last week. When we were walking up to get dinner the matinee was letting out and there were people standing outside the stage door, not sure if anyone came out or not. When the evening show was over though we were walking past the stage door again and there was a woman with a bunch of kids standing outside and the guard at the door told her she'd be waiting a while, which she seemed prepared for. So... yes, it seems they do come out, but you could have a bit of a wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭cyberspi

great thanks for that info Elmo :)

What is row X in the stalls like?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Maverick.ie

what would be considered to be the best seats in the BGE would it be down at the front in the stalls. mid or back of the stalls,, circle or upper circle.

what would be considered to be the best seats in the BGE would it be down at the front in the stalls. mid or back of the stalls,, circle or upper circle.

I sat in the second row on the upper circle and it was perfectly fine for both of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 jdlfon

Can get tickets for row A seat 26/27 ; going to see a musical. Does that row sit 'under' the stage, so that i have to look up at all the time ??
    Thanks for your help

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Hrududu

jdlfon wrote: »
    Can get tickets for row A seat 26/27 ; going to see a musical. Does that row sit 'under' the stage, so that i have to look up at all the time ??
    Thanks for your help

No the stage is low so you won't be craning your neck

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Mebuntu

jdlfon wrote: »
    Thanks for your help
    I'm a bit surprised to hear that Row A is available. For the current Musical (Billy Elliot) the large Orchestra Pit sits between front Row C and the stage. I agree with the comment by Hrududu.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Middle of row M in the stalls are the best seats IMO. Circles are too far back but there's a decent rake in the stalls from about L.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭trixychic

Hi guys. Ok I have read each of the previous posts but i need to be sure.

So I'm planning on going to see wicked next yr. I'm in my late 20s and I've never been to a festival/concert/opera... basically anything.

I did go and see a panto once when I was a teen but that was it. And we where way up the back so I couldn't see.

I've been dying to see wicked since it first came out... so it's a big thing. I want to get me and hubby best possible seats. Oh yea and I'm kinda blind (wear glasses but still).

So... where am i to try and get tickets for?? Please and thanks (and the kids won't be joining us. It's strictly mammy and daddy's night)

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭hayser

Definitely the stalls, preferably in the middle seats anywhere downstairs. However the rows are very long and it's a pain having to let people pass by your seats if they're going to the toilet. The aisle seats are all great too. Personally I don't like to sit next to the walls as there is a slight restricted view but anywhere downstairs is good.

hayser wrote: »
    Definitely the stalls, preferably in the middle seats anywhere downstairs. However the rows are very long and it's a pain having to let people pass by your seats if they're going to the toilet. The aisle seats are all great too. Personally I don't like to sit next to the walls as there is a slight restricted view but anywhere downstairs is good.

Brilliant thanks.

Is Wicked coming to the Bord Gais again? I had a quick look at the site there and can't see anything about it?

• Advertisement

Is Wicked coming to the Bord Gais again? I had a quick look at the site there and can't see anything about it?

It's not until 2018 but tickets are going on sale late summer this year. I've never been but it's one of the things I've always wanted to see!!!.... along with a few of the ballets and theatre plays.

trixychic wrote: »
    It's not until 2018 but tickets are going on sale late summer this year. I've never been but it's one of the things I've always wanted to see!!!.... along with a few of the ballets and theatre plays.

Cool. I saw it the last time it was in Dublin and it really is brilliant. I'd definitely go see it again.

Cool. I saw it the last time it was in Dublin and it really is brilliant. I'd definitely go see it again.

It'll be my first proper time seeing anything like this. I really want to get the full proper and magical experience!!!

Actually just thinking. What's the normal prices for these seats?? I'm thinking about €90 per ticket... am i right??

trixychic wrote: »
    Actually just thinking. What's the normal prices for these seats?? I'm thinking about €90 per ticket... am i right??

Including fee, about €65 per ticket.

Somebody told me that you can buy tickets direct from the box office and they're cheaper because there's no ridiculous ticketmaster handling fee. You have to go into the theatre to do it though and I'm not sure of exact times oof opening for the box office.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭MurDawg

Heading to the BGET for the first time, sitting in the stalls CC 44 slightly to the left aisle, anybody gripes with the view from here?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

Any talk of BGT redoing seats in the stall area. Was there yesterday for a matinee somewhere in the middle of M and found myself have to shift in the seat after about an hour due to a numb backside along with alot of other people as you could hear the seats creaking. For seats costing €35, not acceptable

cubix wrote: »
    Any talk of BGT redoing seats in the stall area. Was there yesterday for a matinee somewhere in the middle of M and found myself have to shift in the seat after about an hour due to a numb backside along with alot of other people as you could hear the seats creaking. For seats costing €35, not acceptable

No matter where you sit seats seem to be the same! Which is a great pity as it's a fabulous theater.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭omah

I totally agree about the poor quality of seating and also that all the refurbished or new theatres have such long rows (in the past, there were more breaks in the rows so it was easier to get up and about from your seat) - I have a back problem and need to get up to walk around. Most theatres are not conducive to this, unfortunately

Advertisement