Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weekday morning traffic

Options
  • 16-11-2013 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭

Does traffic get bad in Kilkenny during rush hour? I'll be going to Market Yard for 9:00 on a Wednesday (coming off the M9 at J9), but I've only done it a bit later before when it was reasonably quiet. I have no idea if the work rush has a big impact that needs for me to allow more time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭mefynn

you do need to leave more time as you are hitting school traffic as well,i would say at least 15 minutes to get down through John st

• Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Has gotten a lot worse the past while I think. Major sticking point in the mornings is the Greensbridge vacinity, but you won't be going there of course.
    If you're there before 8.30am should be fine, after that it's much busier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

Between 815 and 845 the traffic out that way(Market yard) is busy. As for the stretch from J9 to lets say the Waterford road roundabout, thats always free flowing until you get to the Callan road roundabout where it sometimes can be busy there.

Advertisement