Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is it legal to park in the turning point of cul del sac & on pavement?

• 16-11-2013 7:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭

Three vehicles parked in the turning point of a cul de sac.
    Two are the same owner who lived in house across street with own private driveway and
    front curb side parking space along its front wall.
    Always parked one vehicle on the pavement up to the fencing next to the gate to side access of the flats.

Informed our letting agent. they put a notice to remove vehicle on the pavement but i found this note on ground beside front door yesterday told agent, advised to put it on vehicle myself, will do on monday.
    My flatmate spotted last night that the third vehicle (no tax, nct insurance) have a plain note written by somebody else asking them to remove vehicle from private property or council will be contacted.
    This vehicle had also parked into the apartments residents' parking space.
    But cos we dont know who owns it we couldnt say if they from the flats or from the house down the road.

My flatmate thinks we should contact guards regarding all vehicles.
    Should we or let the letting agent sort it?
    Should we also contact the council too?

What is our legal rights if any regarding the cul del sac and pavement parking and our privacy & peace of mind.

Thanks in advance.
    Advice welcome and others experiences.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Doubt if those people are entitled to park as you describe

If there is a management co for the flats you should ask them

If Council have taken over the estate, enquire about yellow no parking markings on ground

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Bepolite

I knew I forgot to add to Ken's list. Accommodation and property forum :)

Legally there isn't much you can do I'd complain to the landlord/letting agent and then it's up-to them to get onto the management company. As for the guy with no Tax ect. get it reported to the guards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 977 ✭✭✭Wheelnut

It depends whether the road has been taken in charge by the council (a public road) or whether it is a private road in the ownership of the estate company.

If it is a public road the council may be able to do something. Most councils have traffic wardens who could (at the very least) issue on on-the-spot fine for the tax. The bad parking could be more difficult because it might need to be shown that it is causing an obstruction, but you can take it that parking on the public footpath is never legal. The Gardai might also take an interest if you complain.

If the road is private and owned by an estate company it is a matter for them. You should complain to them in the first instance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭odds_on

Wheelnut wrote: »
    It depends whether the road has been taken in charge by the council (a public road) or whether it is a private road in the ownership of the estate company.

If it is a public road the council may be able to do something. Most councils have traffic wardens who could (at the very least) issue on on-the-spot fine for the tax. The bad parking could be more difficult because it might need to be shown that it is causing an obstruction, but you can take it that parking on the public footpath is never legal. The Gardai might also take an interest if you complain.

If the road is private and owned by an estate company it is a matter for them. You should complain to them in the first instance.
    There was a thread, some time ago, about a "private" car park (for a block of apartments, I think, that didn't have gates and as far as my memory serves me it was considered that because there was no restricted access to the car park, it was considered the public could use it, to my surprise. It would seem to me that a road, even on a private estate, would be equally regarded as a public road.

Advertisement