Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DecemBeers - Friday 6th AND Friday 13th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭fluke

Other - post in-thread
    How so Joe wrote: »
    I agree, all the cool kids are going on the 13th!

fnei.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,501 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Friday 13th
    I agree, all the cool kids are going on the 13th!

I'm going on the 6th so you must be wrong!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Other - post in-thread
    You know things are getting messy when HipsterCat makes an appearance. What next, improbably small bowler hats and sighs about how it used to be so much better around Hoxton/Spitalfields before it went mainstream?

Other - post in-thread
    Fysh wrote: »
    You know things are getting messy when HipsterCat makes an appearance. What next, improbably small bowler hats and sighs about how it used to be so much better around Hoxton/Spitalfields before it went mainstream?

I used to like Santa before he signed a deal with Coca-Cola and went mainstream

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

Other - post in-thread
    Not hipster cat. Anything but hipster cat!
    Give me grumpy cat instead.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Other - post in-thread
    ^ I actually need this on a Christmas jumper, I was talking about it with silvervixen a few weeks ago!

Other - post in-thread
    Not hipster cat. Anything but hipster cat!
    Give me grumpy cat instead.

That reminded me of this:

vu8v.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭siobhanosaur

Saturday 14th
    Newbie here, I think I'll pop in on the 13th and join the cool kids :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

Other - post in-thread
    I know the 6th is gonna be at the beer festival, but have we fixed a location for the 13th yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭borabora

Saturday 7th
    Going to come on the 6th. Beer festival is only down the road from me. Sure it'd be rude not to!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Aim to be there on 13th!

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭83ste

Other - post in-thread
    Will definitely make the 6th, and hopefully also the 13th.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Other - post in-thread
    No location set yet for the 13th, I'm leaning towards the Royal George off Charing Cross Road on the basis that it's central, has a good selection of beverages on offer, does decent food, and is conveniently near to further options if people want to keep going after closing time.

As it's a Friday meetup I'm going to skip any kind of food arrangements beyond what's on offer in the pub.

Any alternative suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Saturday 14th
    I have cancelled a date to make the 13th.................

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

Saturday 14th
    frag420 wrote: »
    I have cancelled a date to make the 13th.................

it'll be class if someone else turns up with her!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

Saturday 7th
    So is the beer festival in Hackney the definite venue for the 6th?

Annoyingly I'm probably going to be working away from London for the rest of this week, so might end up travelling back on Friday with a suitcase and laptop. Not ideal for going to a piss up. Might be better if I could call home quickly and drop the bags off, that being said I am over an hour away from Hackney so can't really call home "quickly"!. What time are we planning on meeting at?

Other - post in-thread
    The Pig's Ear Beer Festival is the venue for Friday 6th. Given that it's an all-day thing, I'm going to suggest we just meet in there - entry is £4 on the door, or £2 if you're a CAMRA member. (From reviews of past events there should be some hot food available in the venue, but we can always go elsewhere if need be, there are a few food places nearby according to Google Maps).

The address is Round Chapel, 1d Glenarm Road E5 0LY (Google Maps). The nearest stations are Hackney Central and Homerton for Overground & Tube connections, or Hackney Downs for rail connections.

I plan to be there for around 6:30. Easiest thing is for everyone to ring/text me when they get there. As ever, if this is your first beers, PM me so we can swap numbers and I'll keep you posted on any developments or changes to the plan on the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Nika Bolokov

Saturday 7th
    Excellent !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

Other - post in-thread
    Big News: I may be able to make both the 6 and 13 Dec. Now you'll no longer have to worry about one of the outings being crap

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭biZrb

Saturday 7th
    Reekwind wrote: »
    Now you'll no longer have to worry about one of the outings being crap

Great, so they're both going to be crap :D

• Advertisement

Other - post in-thread
    Big News: I may be able to make both the 6 and 13 Dec. Now you'll no longer have to worry about one of the outings being crap

What, are you planning on making them both crap somehow? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

F*ck it. I'd planned to go there anyway on my own volition! That's a coincidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

Saturday 7th
    Result! Working from home today so shall stroll in for 6:30pm.

I've just missed out on today's Santa's Locker prize from Amazon too so will be looking to drown some sorrows!

See you all later. I'll be the incredibly handsome* one with the beard**.

* may not be entirely accurate
    ** this is accurate however!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Saturday 14th
    What time will you guys be out until tonight? I have staff Xmas party and will be about the east part of town so depending on what time we finish up I may drop over and play catch up..............

• Registered Users Posts: 7,501 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Friday 13th
    I will be home at around 6 but by the time I get sorted and over to hackney it will probably be 7:30

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

Other - post in-thread
    Having slightly over-indulged at a Christmas party last night, I may skip the beer festival thingy

Other - post in-thread
    Having slightly over-indulged at a Christmas party last night, I may skip the beer festival thingy

Boooo-urns :( is this because we made fun of you upthread? We love you really Reekwind, honest.

Other - post in-thread
    I'm running a bit late - should be there by about 6:45 or so, text/ring me or post in the thread if you're already there or arriving shortly.

Other - post in-thread
    FYI - it's roasting inside so make use of the cloakroom outside. also there is an ATM more or less across the road from the venue, and several stands inside are doing food.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭83ste

Other - post in-thread
    Pulled up outside, took one look at queue, left.

I think maybe Beers 'within' another event is a bad idea.

Advertisement